Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
GutZ

Agatomori Mizuchi

Posted (edited)

d2e0751-292040fc-1192-49e4-8eba-215d0d919f54.thumb.jpg.c6cce29b13c3d1a5ce023bbada8021ce.jpg

The Bastard Child of the River

Basic Information

Name: Mizuchi

Surname: Agatomori

Nickname: Mizu

Place of Birth: Land Of Rivers 18?cb=20110923222255

Height: 1.85 cm

Weight: 80kg

Backstory:

Under the River he dwells. Never lost, ever-seeking. 

Stretching across the river, he rules all who dare enter his domain.

The scales of his body are the waves, the stones of the River the eyes through which he sees.

Once, there lived a humble Guide in the Land Of Rivers. Living a modest life, the man was but one of many that ushered foreign folk across the land. Through the river of life, he paddled away and away - never fearing to welcome another day.

On such a faithful day, the ordinary man was approached by a tall, handsome well-built giant. Fine plated armor adorning his towering physique. By his side a fair maiden of petite stature draped in fine silk.  Her locks curled down into unimaginable long vines only furthering and complimenting the astonishing, fearsome size of the man. 

With a calm voice he reached out to the Guide, beckoning for his services for wealthy amount coin.

Surprise overcame the humble Guide, but in only but a moment as he simply welcomed the pair onto the ship. With a voice as calming as the the gentle sound of the river creaking he conveyed a warning. 

"I must warn you, these coins do me nor you any good. If you wish to safely make your way across this river you will give me three calabash. One for each on the ship."

From within her long sleeves the maiden pulled forth a calabash, filled to the brim with freshly drawn cold water. Entrusting it to the man she remained interested, confused. Why would such a man, with very little, not take the coin that could provide so much prosperity to his life. With a hysterical howl, the giant provided a singular calabash - finding the river guide amusing. Through fits of laughter the armored man spoke once more.

"You're a funny, one old timer. Here, have yourself a drink of the finest sake the Land of Fire has to offer! But we do not have another one, we'll get you as many as you want once we reach the other side!

Leaning down on the edge of the boat the giant lowered the large satchel of coin, and began his relaxation. The river guide sighed as he simply nodded away. Understanding that he couldn't persuade the man any further. With a firm grasp of his worn out oar he pushed away and began their journey

Some time would pass, as the old boat made its way down the river. The once lush sounds of nature, silenced by the loud sound of water which mustn't be tread upon.  The river lost its flow, leaving the ship stranded in the middle. Rising from the depths of the water was a serpent like entity with a maw as wide as the river bank, with teeth sharp as the finest of swords.  It scales reflected the very beauty of the water, covered in sea matter of all kinds its blue scales stared back at the ship.

"Who dares cross my river without sacrifice!"

The beast roared heatedly, shaking the now still water of the river.

Quivering in fear, the maiden hid behind the armored giant who stood tall before the large Serpent, taking arms. The Serpent snarled sending shivers down the body of the towering individual who before the leviathan resembled but the very tip of one of his teeth. Shuddering before the beast, the giant too fell to the fright within his heart.

"Pitiful human, raising your sharp stick at the sight of my greatness..."

Before the beast could sink its teeth into the side of the boat the river Guide spoke with a calm voice, grasping the attention of the beast even if be for but a moment. He'd entertain the cunning beast. 

"Oh great Mizuchi, The all devouring, guardian of the Rivers. We may offer you the gold on this ship - but alas the Rivers of this land are far more rich then any coin we could offer! But if I may! I would play but a simple game, for safe passage. Surely - you would satisfy a final wish of someone who has very little to lose."

The slit iris of the behemoth opened and closed. Silent as time seemed to stretch further and further with each ongoing moment. Finally his nostrils flared and a thick mist escaped the nasal cavities. 

"Then do tell . . . humble guide. . . what do you offer me . . .?" 

The Serpent coiled its body around the boat, looking at the man with great interest.

What the man had planned was but a simple game. Showing off the calabash, he'd allow the fine sake and water to spill across the deck of the boat. Blowing on them once, he'd place them onto the water surface with a gentle touch.

"You are the Master of this path that we seek to cross, you control all within its domain. If you can sink these two gourds, you may bring the final breath upon us! If you can't - simply let us through."

Licking its maw, the tension on the boat was released - the ever coiled beast letting go. Amused by the simpleness of the man and his request, the guardian spirit would play along with his final wish. Under one condition.

"You will place one more item, for each one that sink - I will take away one life. Welcoming your soul to River."

The guide presented one of the gourds. The Maiden presented the second one. Leaving the armored giant to present an item of his own. Cunning, he'd fetch a piece of parchment, folding it multiple times until he created a vessel of his own. Laying it on the water to float before the serpent.

Raising its claw from the depths of the lake, Mizuchi's claw's swirled in the air. A small whirlpool soon sinking everything. The pair of calabash and the ship, gone under the river. In joyful laughter the guardian spirit opened its jaw, ready to swallow the boat whole - however two gourds came up from the water, resting on the still surface of the water. Mizuchi's nostrils flared in anger, as a thick fog consumed the ship and then . . . 

Silence.

The flow of the river abruptly continued, the river guide and the maiden allowed passage to the other side. Not many know what happened after, but the tale has been shared for many generations through the Agatomori family, some even blessed to bare the name. . .

Mizuchi.

Edited by GutZ

6 minutes ago, BloodyDoll said:

Hah you snake. Feel the wrath of my empty water bottle and perish!

What happened to the giant and ship? O-O"

Leaving that to the interpretation of the reader.