Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Embyr

Clan Meeting Notes Archive

A short while after the end of each meeting, a copy of the notes for that meeting is presented to each Clan Leader as well as the Hokage themself while the original is kept inside of a Sunsail League Archive. Usually, the copies are in a very neat, elegant writing while the original is in a hasty scrawl however this will differ based on that meeting's note keeper.

((Also, OOC note: Please keep the thread clear for Meeting notes.))

Edited by Embyr

Meeting notes; 6/26/22

Note Keeper: Nari Fujisawa

My deepest apologies to Lord Second  as I arrived late to this meeting today. Unfortunately this means my notes will not contain information on the first twenty minutes or so of the meeting.

As I arrived, a Jonin by the name of Taishi was assigned a team of young shinobi to lead. I wish the young hotshots under his guidance the best of luck. In addition Lord second wished to speak with him after the meeting however I doubt I will be able to get details on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once that was resolved Lord Second wished to know the current state of each of the clans, starting to his left…

Hyuuga: Geo-san represented the Hyuuga today as he took center stage. Apparently the Clan head Hizashi has gathered his members together for a “Meet and Greet”. Just something for common introductions. Lord second wished to know how Geo, being an elder of the clan, felt about the direction the hyuugas were taking which he essentially replied “It’s too soon to tell.” 

Uchiha: As Lady Uchiha took the stage, she began her report by stating that the Clan was split into three separate factions. The traditionalists, those who never left the ancestral lands of the Uchiha. Those who currently live in Konoha, and the anti-establishment group. There are several members of the uchiha in the rogue group The Bloodlust Brotherhood in both the first and third faction. Lady Uchiha then proceeds to express her concerns about a potential war within her own clan and has been taking measures to ensure it doesn’t come down to this. I do wish her luck in resolving this issue, a civil war among the Uchiha would certainly be less than optimal. 

In addition, Lady Uchiha also claims that the aforementioned rogue group is beginning to divide itself, claiming a ceasefire may be possible in the future with several of its members. 

As far as the leaders of each of the factions, The traditionalists are lead by Lady Uchiha, the Villagers are lead by the Hokage, and the third Lead by one of the rouge Uchiha in the brotherhood.

Ryu: Lord Ryu confessed that he had nothing. “Business as usual” he claims. 

Uzumaki: Lady Uzumaki began her report by stating that the numbers of the Uzumaki clan in the Land of Fire were low at this moment in time, however believes that some will be immigrating rather soon. In addition she decided to outlaw any use of the Uzumaki clan’s Fuinjutsu techniques used outside of aiding the leaf, its allies, or special circumstances. I am personally concerned with how the rest of her people outside of the land of fire will react to such a law however I suppose she’s taken this into consideration. Finally, she mentioned that they are still trying to deal with the rogue Uzumaki we saw in last week’s meeting. I’m intrigued to hear how she will manage to accomplish this, as my research states he’s the kind to flee at the sign of any sort of trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the reports from the clan representatives, Lord second offered a proposal to those of us at the meeting. The formation of an alliance known as the “Shinobi Allied Forces”. As dark forces are occuring in nearby lands, Lord second expects that such a force would be necessary to protect the land of fire and asked for our opinions on such an alliance. 

Lady Uzumaki confessed that she believed such an alliance already existed, even if not formally agreed upon. Needless to say, she approved of the alliance, although stated that she is unable to speak for the entirety of her clan. 

Lady Uchiha supported the alliance, however expressed her concerns with the Cloud Shinobi who has made our acquaintance in recent weeks. 

I was the next to speak up, perhaps unprompted. Stating that while we at Sunsail will support the alliance in what ways we can, reminding everyone that we are not a Military organization, thus our aid militarily in such a situation would be small. 

Lord Ryu expressed that he would certainly aid in defense in the case of a Tailed beast attack, however in other matters he would prefer to maintain his independence from the Land of Fire. He did insist that he would be willing to let his pirates join in as a mercenary crew. 

I must confess, I had a hard time processing everything the Hyuuga elder said, as his declaration was certainly the longest. I believe I have it summed up though with “He personally supports the alliance, and he will deliver the proposal to the Clan Head personally.”

Just as things began to wrap up, Lady Uzumaki presented a gift to Lord Second. He seemed rather surprised by the gift, a kind gesture. After which, the meeting was adjourned.

7/3/2022

Notekeeper: Nari Fujisawa

Today was simply a general meeting with only one rather recent item on the agenda. Lord second welcomed any of us to take the center, an opportunity which the Hyuuga pair of Lord Hizashi and Elder Geo took. 

Lord Hizashi proceeded to explain his absences from the meetings. He reports of an intruder inside of Notchi city, a strong lightning user that has attacked the lord’s sister. Fortunately she was strong enough to fight him back herself. After proving she was a match the intruder disappeared, leaving behind some feathers. They whispered something among each other, however I wasn’t quite sharp enough to catch it. 

Lord Second noted the Hyuuga duo’s point, however reminded them that as it occurred in Notchi city it was outside of the jurisdiction of the village as discussed in a meeting several weeks ago. As a result, the Hyuuga clan will seemingly have to resolve this issue on their own. Elder Geo agreed with Lord Second’s judgment and merely wished to report the situation, however the tone in his voice raised a few alarm bells for myself. I have a suspicion not quite all is what it seems with this report. 

Lady Uchiha had nothing to report herself, however expressed if she came across any information she would pass it along. The Hyuuga duo seemed to appreciate this offer.

As nobody else elects to share anything, Lord Second himself takes the center stage, proposing to hold another clan leading vote this time for adding leaders of the Inuzuka and Senju clan to the council. Lady Uchiha mentioned a Sarutobi representative was needed as well which Lord Second agreed with. 

Lord Ryu and I asked who would step in and how long term limits would be held for respectively. Evidently Senji Daitaro and Inuzuka Flow will likely step up however nobody from the Sarutobi was a clear candidate. There will be no term limits as long as Lord Second remains in power as well, as shorter terms would evidently breed backstabbing and scheming. If a clan leader should ever become incapable of sustaining office they will be replaced however. A new, larger area shall be designated for these meetings as well to accommodate a larger population as well.

Lord Second then proceeded to address the alliance proposed in last week’s meeting. More specifically conditions to follow in order to receive aid from the Leaf. Evidently, a letter will be sent in the future to each of the clan leaders in regards to participating in the alliance. 

I asked Lord Second for a copy of the letter as well which he happily provided. Furthermore, he offered me a more permanent position on the counsel and even a salary for the work. I very much appreciate this offer and graciously accepted it. A copy of the letter will be archived in the library for further reference. 

As the meeting proceeded, Lady Uchiha brought forth a few questions. Namely, “Is the alliance centered around clans?” “Does your proposal have anything to do with Lord Hyuuga’s request?” And “What is Interference defined by?”

This alliance should extend to any fighting force wishing to be legitimized within the Land of Fire. After a short silence however, Lord Second did not have an answer for the latter two questions that he was willing to give. He did proceed to clarify that this alliance was an optional one, describing it as a pact of non-aggression. 

The mixing of the terms “Alliance” and “Non-aggression pact” seemed to spark some uncertainty between the Head of the Uchiha Clan and Lord Second. Specifically in the cases of the sovereignty of the clans as well as the possibility of legitimizing organizations outside of clans. Hopefully the letter to be sent out soon will address these concerns, as I’m rather confused on a few of the details myself as well. A copy of this letter will be added to the archive as well when it arrives.

With this, the meeting was Adjourned. 

Edited by Embyr

7/17/2022

Notekeeper: Nari Fujisawa

Lord second didn’t keep us hanging tonight. The moment he welcomed us to the meeting he announced it would be the final one as he will be pulling out of clan political affairs from today forward. 

Furthermore, he announced the forming of a new council of Konohagakure loyalists. Following the betrayal of the Ryu and Uchiha clans. He then asked for anyone who had any objections or concerns to step forward and speak their peace. 

Elder Geo stepped forward, standing in place for Lord Hyuuga once again. To report that the Hyuuga clan will support Konoha and its people, however the exact arrangements have yet to be discussed among the clan. Lord second approved of this declaration and stated a Hyuuga clan leader will be appointed to the council as long as they expressed their loyalty. 

Elder Geo then spoke of the amassing of other clans from outside of the land of fire and showed appreciation for his new home before stepping out of the spotlight. 

Lady Uzumaki stepped forward next, reporting that the Uchiha and Ryu Clan heads have fallen silent, speaking of rumors of them attacking leaf Shinobi. Leading credence to the idea that they’ve betrayed us. Lord second suspects that they simply grew bored with peace. Lady Uzumaki then proceeded to pledge her loyalty to the Leaf, as they have always and will always be an ally, and accepted her seat on the council. 

Next, the Ryu boy took the stage. Pleading that while he understands that the crimes of Kotaki Ryu have led to the council’s choice of separating from the clan head, that any of the Ryu clan looking for sanctuary in Konoha be granted it despite this. Lord second confirmed that those of the Ryu clan will be judged on a case by case basis, despite the crimes of the “Kinslayer.”

Next, someone I’m not exactly familiar with stepped forward. Requesting permission to represent the Sarutobi in the new council. Lord second clarified that that the clans themselves will be representing themselves from now on, and votes for new representatives will be handled in their respective clans. The unfamiliar face thanked Lord Second before returning to her position. (Note: Figure out who this is before next meeting)

Then the Rogue Uchiha stepped forward simply to voice his displeasure with the current state of the village. Asking why the uchiha should bother throwing their lot in with “You weaklings.”

Lord second retorted that the head of the Uchiha clan’s loyalty has proven valueless, as they would happily abandon their honor for monetary gain. The only faction that would be considered on the new Council are the new faction of Loyalist Uchiha. 

The Rogue Uchiha head continued to bluster further, despite the counterpoints of Lady Uzumaki and Lord Second. Long story short, he seemed to believe that the only value the Uchiha should hold is strength, and that all his actions leading to where we are today are inspired by that. Lord second was not amused and threw his failures back in his face. All in all, a lengthy and rather unproductive argument.

Before the argument even ended, the final meeting was officially adjourned.

Edited by Embyr