Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Kizo

Medical feedback - v33

This thread is going to be a breakdown of medical on a per-spell basis first, then there'll be an overall review of medic's status.

Chakra Protection

image.png.3d279cf22c0ec02738f83430c1412531.png

Chakra Protection does not scale (it only prevents 1k damage and never more than that), and here is its mana cost for absorbing that 1k damage:

image.png.5cb2b5de200e2323c2fe60e39b8c0434.png

1.8k chakra used to prevent 1k damage being taken. The 1.5chakra/damage cost is extremely high. If cast on another player, the medic that used it only expends the initial chakra cost and the receiving player is the one losing 1.8k chakra.

Mystical Palm Technique

Doesn't scale, doesn't crit, 3 seconds cast time becomes 4 seconds in an active PVP situation, actually costs about 1k chakra and not what the tooltip indicates. I don't see why this spell even has a cooldown. The chakra drain from spamming it is warning enough for people to not clown around with chakra dumping.

Chakra Power Transfer

Costing over 1k mana, CPT's usefulness is mitigated by a few factors: a 2 minute cooldown and a high chakra cost. Given medical's cooldowns, there's no way we can get the most out of using CPT on ourselves. If I use CPT on myself then dump every spell in my toolkit as fast as I can (kunai tech, paralysis, senbon, murder of crows, mystic palm, mirror of heaven/earth and poison hazy), I expend 1k chakra in order to 'save' 934 chakra, meaning I've actually still lost chakra by using it, never mind that I'd never actually spelldump like that in practice.

The only mastery in the game with cast and mana costs high enough for it to be useful to is Fire Style. The use of the spell is simply too limited for its mana cost.

Poison Hazy Mist

As far as damage goes, poison hazy isn't very good. It's a targeted AOE in a game where bosses and players alike are ultra mobile, and its AOE radius is generally too small to catch moving entities. In PVP, 3 stacks of it can be cleansed by using antidote which drastically reduces its damage.

In PVP, if my target stands in it for the entire duration of the ability, pops antidote at 3 stacks, they can re-use antidote at 5 stacks, meaning that the target only takes 2 stacks worth of its damage. 2 stack damage with my stats (26 jutsu power and 761 spell power), is 377 per tick on a player with 4 toughness.

The spells biggest saving grace is that multiple medic users contribute to the same stack pool, meaning if I get poison hazy on a stagnant boss to 8 stacks, another medic user can add their 8 stacks, bringing the damage ramp up to 16, and this can be added onto indefinitely — and that's not an intended feature. It was reported a few months ago.

Poison Senbon

I actually like poison senbon for what it is; ultra low damage (idk if its just not scaling or what), slow ticking, ultra low chakra cost, long range. It's a good ability for snagging someone in combat, but that's it. If that's its purpose, then it does its job. If it's meant to be an early on DPS spell, then the spell tickrate is probably too low: auto attacks do more DPS than senbon so lowbies will probably only get a few ticks of senbon in before the mob is dead.

Advanced Foodpill

The fact its supposed to vanish 15min after logout is terrible. The fact that that function isn't working properly is most of the reason that people get use out of foodpills, seeing as you can only generate 12 per hour and people consume them like candy. They're a super valuable tool for new players as they are, and I hope that the bug with the logout is actually never fixed, and that foodpills simply become permanent.

Nerve Cutter Technique

Most abilities in the game don't require a weapon to be equipped in order for the abilities to be used, so by default it's useless against most masteries in PVP. It only affects kenjutsu and hyuuga (lolwut?), of the 11 masteries in the game, and it isn't usable at all in PVE. The damage on it doesn't make it more worthwhile to use against the other 9 masteries in the game, so it's an ultra niche ability.

Resurrection Jutsu

It costs a lot of chakra, has a very long cast time and cooldown, but it feels like a true endgame jutsu.

Conclusions

The only abilities in medical's kit that feel usable under most circumstances are: res, foodpill, mystic palm and poison hazy, and 2 of those have complaints. Chakra Power Transfer, Nerve Cutter, Poison Senbon are ultra niche to the point where we rarely ever use them, whereas Chakra Protection should be replaced altogether with something else, like a 2nd heal or even just a normal shield. An AOE heal of some kind (even if it's just ground targeted) would be especially nice, but understandably enough that depends on the healing values once it's scaling properly. It would also be nice to have an extra spell, seeing as foodpill is essentially a non-combat spell.

Edited by Kizo