Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Embyr

Skill Booseters from EVERYTHING

I mentioned recently in the patch 34 feedback request that I really dislike skillpoints/boosters as they're implemented right now. The only reliable way to farm them right now being to park yourself near a mob that drops them commonly, and kill them for hours with re-roll dice in your inventory. Currently the meta for this is birds but even if birds are nerfed we're just going to go to another mob simply because there are very few alternatives. This is rather boring gameplay Imo which is why I believe just about everything in this game should drop skill boosters. What do I mean by this? Well, going over them one by one...

One time Quests

From touring the land of fire to killing the snapping turtles near Yokohama I think each of these quests should reward a rather substantial amount of boosters compared to the effort we put in. They're only able to be done once so there's no way to abuse them and it gives us an incentive to really go for these quests, an incentive that doesn't really seem to exist right now. I feel like this would also give newer players a lot more direction in what to do during those early levels and help them quickly climb those early skill ranks.

Mastery Quests

While a new Jutsu is a solid reward on its own I think giving boosters akin to what mastery you' are at each step would also be a rather nice thing to sweeten the turn in. Kenjutsu mastery quests could give physical attack boosters, Fire could give Jutsu power, Earth/Toughness, Medical/Chakra Gathering. I feel like its also rather thematic simply on the basis of "Well of course you feel stronger, you've been swinging that sword around all day."

Dailies

Right now the mission dailies do actually give boosters. A ranks can give 0-2 rank 4 boosters and you can turn in D and C rank slips for a booster of your choice. I like this, but I think each rank should be able to give a corresponding rank skill booster. D ranks giving rank 1 boosters, C ranks rank 2 boosters, ect...

In addition, I'd also like to see shrine dailies give a skill booster akin to which shrine you're offering to. Right now the shrine dailies suffer from the problem of being a temporary reward from a daily and, while its a very nice buff, it does feel a bit bad that you potentially lost out on a Koban from a D rank or whatever. I feel like rewarding a little bit of permanent power along with that buff would completely extinguish that feeling of potentially missing out.

I'm a bit concerned with this one, this game is already rather daily focused as it is, but I feel that as long as the drop rates aren't too high it would work out.

Fishing & other professions

Time for the weird ones, I think fishing and professions in general should also reward boosters.

I don't think it should be the fastest way to obtain skill boosters by a long shot, however I do think the bloated fish you can occasionally fish up should have the potential to reward skill boosters. Make me excited to open them up rather than groan at the idea of having to delete more clam meat from my inventory. 

As for other professions, well I don't know exactly what you have planned so I can't really come up with too much. However, using WoW professions as an example, perhaps herblore could drop Motes of Chakra and Mining could drop Motes of body, both of these being soul bound. Then, using these motes and a few other materials you could craft your own skill boosters corresponding to the type of mote used (Chakra = Gathering/levels/Jutsu power, Body = Stamina/Toughness/physical attack)

Holidays

Finally, I think Holiday events, quests and maybe mobs/bosses if they're added, should drop boosters of a specific type. I remember back to the Chirstmas event where people just stopped doing the dailies simply because they had the cosmetics they wanted and the rest of what they dropped wasn't worth the daily slot. That doesn't feel right to me, we should be excited for the holiday! So what if Christmas dailies gave lots of chakra gathering boosters? Or the Halloween event gave lots of physical attack?  Holidays are a special time so they deserve a solid reason to look forward to them!

Conclusion

I really want to know what people's thoughts are on this, cause the current booster meta is probably my biggest problem with the game and I've been brainstorming solutions to it for awhile now. I fully understand this might be a terrible idea and welcome any and all (polite) criticism as well as activities I may have missed! I know PvP is something I didn't even touch upon however I admittedly don't have too much experience in that area of the game, I just saw boosters on the honor vendor and thought "Oh, that's cool" so ideas on that are especially welcome. At the end of the day though, I just think more actives in this game should help progress your character beyond just killing birds all day.

Edited by Embyr