Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Vlad

Patch 34

Ninja,

I just wanted to take some time to write the Team's plans & thoughts about the next update on Shinobi Story. This will be our biggest update. 

As such, we require more time than usual to work on it and create new systems. For this coming update we are majorly focused on adding more content, adding more cosmetics (with a lot of F2P options as well as cool Shop Cosmetics), new systems such as Warmode & Jonin Rank-up, and creating the best new-player experience we are capable of. 

We ask that you bear with us while we work on this stuff, as it take a bit, but I would like to reach out to the community and get feedback directly!

⭐ I would like you guys to please write ONE Positive thing about the game so far and ONE Negative thing! ⭐

This will help use get more of a sense from the community point-of-view as to what players like and what players hate. That catch? You can't write the same thing someone else did! 

I guess I'll be the first person to start this.

While it's clear some areas of the land of fire are far more developed than others, for the parts that are developed the game is really pretty to look at for me. It amazes me what you all managed to do in an older wow engine with this many custom models. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game in about a year when new locations are potentially added and more of the land of fire has been brushed up upon.

As far as the negative goes... I really dislike skillpoints/boosters as they're implemented right now. Right now the only real way to progress in them is to grind mobs for hours which is just taxing. I plan to make a feedback post in the future once I fully collect my thoughts on this but to summarize what I'm gonna say in it, I think literally everything in this game should have the potential to reward an appropriate amount of skill points.

[+] : One of the things I really like are sidequests. They give me the gratification, that i cant always get from stuff like getting new jutsus, or leveling stats to max, that can take days/weeks/months. 

[-] :  One of the things i dislike is some abilities not scaling with things they (probably) should scale with. For example genjutsu dont scale with spell power (from my observation), medical damaging abilities and healing doesnt scale as well or fire tornado scales with attack power for some reason (from what i have heard). There might be more like these, but i dont know about them.

Edited by Densest

1. What I really like is how big the world feels. Even with Shinobi Travel Speed, exploring the map (and it's just Land of Fire at the moment) takes quite a while, especially since you don't have a live in-game map of your whereabouts. This only gets me further excited to wait and see how big the whole map is going to be by the end, because it feels like an actual world is being built with direct references to the franchise, rather than some sort of a random allocation that loosely resembles a WC3 map. Even if the world is yet to be fully populated, it seems rather lively with the addition of mobs and, most importantly, TREES and other gobjects that just... make sense.

2. Saying that, however, what I don't like is the grindy aspects. Don't get me wrong, I too have engaged in them and they are sometimes relaxing, but once one grind ends (levelling, for example), another one begins (skill points) and is followed by one other (weapons). I understand that those things are planned to be conquered throughout time and at great depend on the player's playstyle, but if we take into consideration the point above, there is no other incentive (yet) than to do your dailies and go kill some mob for X resource. I think a potential counter to that would be more small-scale events, such as spawning a random boss somewhere to invite people over to search for it (which could potentially instigate some open world PVP as well), jump puzzles, secret hideouts, patrolling elites, sidequests that require you to gather/find/loot something rather than kill X amount of mobs, or even some random variable such as get Y buff (Sensei Mentor, Blessing/Curse) or heal/hit Y person (I'm not sure if those are possible, but just thinking out loud). 

Anyway, the game seems to be off to a good start, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops in the future. ❤️ 

Starting of with a positive I’ll say something I didn’t see anybody else say (if somebody did sorry) and that’s the community. I haven’t played that much of the game but the few people I’ve met while traveling through the map or on the discord server have all been very helpful and friendly.

As for the negative, something I love about naruto game such as shinobi strikers for example is the customization of character and how unique everybody looks and I know cosmetics are a way to help out the developers of the game since it’s a free game but I’d love to see some things like costumes and hairstyles created so f2p players could access them and maybe giving the paid cosmetics unique attributes like being animated or something.

As for a positive, the custom content had been superb so far with what we have as far as feeling like I am indeed in the Naruto world and exploration has been fun. I am really impressed with the work that has currently been put into place, I cannot wait to see the world expand further. For an alpha experience I am having a lot of fun and logging more time than I thought I might when I started.

As for a negative, would possibly be progression as it currently stands, in one way being the skillpoints, I think there has to be a more engaging way of gaining them. I think some kind of interactive training could be done in favor of trash mobs. Whether that comes in the form of an engaging minigame system of sorts or even a passive system possibly, in the same vein as an elder scrolls game, I like that idea as it would actually feel like you are practicing and literally getting better from encounter to encounter. I thought the water walking jutsu mission was cool, was a nice idea to break up the cycle of go kill this or deliver this, it seemed more like I was a ninja trying to practice my mobility. Perhaps things of this nature, drills you can do to improve those skills as a reward. There is a possibility however that this idea would become stale assuming that said drills had no variance upon each engagement.