Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
poopeater

Respec - That can be done on top of the existing system.

My suggestion is to add a Mastery Token to each Mastery in the game (That would be rewarded when you choose your Mastery in the library next to the academy) and make it a requirement for every Mastery Quest - but also make it a reward in said quest. (So you don't lose your token, but it's still a requirement to complete the quest.) All the Staff member would need to do is simply delete the Token(s) from the player and add the new desired Token(s). Staff would also need to .unlearn all the existing spells from the masteries that are being rerolled (I'm sure you have the SpellID's saved somewhere) even the ones that the person haven't unlocked to ensure that everything is removed. Obviously you would need to make the Token's unique and soulbound. The caveat here being that you would require to give out Token's to players that did their quests before this system and you would also need to make the first quest of every Mastery able to be accepted by anyone (but not completed by anyone who doesn't have the required Token)

I don't think you should refund any Koban, because as time goes on Koban gets devalued a lot, so this could be a way to spend it. In addition to it just being cumbersome to have to spend time proving which abilities you have, and which you don't.

Since it's manual I don't expect anyone to disagree when I say it shouldn't be free. It would be a great source of revenue and a good placeholder until/if you decide to remake the system so that it's automated later on.

Edited by poopeater

How do you propose progressing quests for those who already did stuff would work? Removing the mastery token and the spells, passives included, don't actually remove one's ability to continue a questline they've technically started at some point in time. The questing system, unless I'm mistaken, can't be tuned to require something, otherwise the quests could just be set to require the passive of the respective mastery.

Edited by Kizo