Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
donaldwasright

Damage/CD Numbers

Some masteries are out of wack compared to others.  Either a few masteries are too high, or a good number are too low for damage rn.

I think the best comparison recently is fire vs hyuuga/wind. This also comes up with uchiha as they have high damage on their kunai and crows jutsu.

Example of a fight between Kotaki and I (all one fight in the open world, I ran away several times to heal so that's how it ended up getting to high numbers. Also note that his highest dmg spells are not close to the highest as those were priority interrupted)

(Keep in mind Kotaki has higher stats than me but that isnt the biggest factor in the 2.5x damage difference).

Kotaki's damage to me:

image.png.eced67a807b4fc3cb5aa37133c4035a4.png

for Kotaki - he has 2 casts of stone shield (which is acknowledged as op by everyone, so we can skip it)

5 casts of fireball (at around 3800 dmg per fireball) - this is a very quickly cast spell with an assumed CD of 25 sec according to this fight. Very strong, akin to Uchiha's kunai hitting for 2-3k every 20 seconds. It is hard for any mastery to compete with fire/uchiha, in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc fights unless you can match it with the same on your team.

4 or 5 casts of boulderfist - as Kotaki covered on his earth feedback, very good at 9 second cooldown, but 15 sec sounds more fair as it has a knockback/interrupt

the spells further down the list were interrupted at least once (they are harder to hit, longer to cast, require standing still, etc) and they had less of an effect. but they are all strong - fire has a very solid toolset and excels in damage, but almost a little too much. even giving kotaki the chance to cast just a fireball each time it's off cooldown already equals my entire rotation and then some.

My damage to Kotaki:

unknown.png

This is a prolonged 4+min long fight.. as you can see, my hyuuga/wind damage is very low and that is due to both low base damage on jutsu, and average/high CD.

air palm - this doesn't need a base damage buff, its cc and ease of usability is more than enough. 

64 palms - my 'ulti,' is now nerfed to less than a fireball, with a 2min cd (this wont be used twice in the majority of fights). This was meant to be Hyuuga's only reliable damage jutsu and it's been made nearly a non-factor since its nerf.

windfury - it doesn't proc as much as one would like, in the end it's not really a difference maker. I see it as the lowest of melee threats out of the masteries (Sharingan, Ken, Hyuuga)

balance breaker - this had a cd nerf, not sure why. it's mainly used as an interrupt but now interrupts twice less, and still does no damage. either more damage or less of a cd

slicing whirlwind - not enough damage and no cc effect. just needs something else added. wind mastery feedback sums up the other jutsu.

rotation - utility, does its job, cannot complain.

In a similar vein, Uchiha/medical as shown from Akari's rotation:

unknown.png

Medical damage is NOT a problem in the open world, as antidotes exist but antidotes cannot be used in the arena. if you are in a 2v2 arena and you are cc'd in that poison, expect to take 12k damage 

Crows jutsu - i see the argument that Uchiha has only 2 damage spells, so that means all the damage should be crammed into 2 spells - that is not correct and applying this to any utility/CC mastery like wind, hyuuga would just make them similarly unbearably OP like Uchiha. I think the damage can come down on this by 40% and every uchiha would still use it without a second thought

kunai - uchiha's most consistent damage, top tier damage numbers, not difficult to hit (8 yards instant aoe). with a 20 second cooldown doing 2-3k damage each cast, you can pump out 12-18k aoe damage in the length of an average fight of 2minutes. Nobody else can match this except fire/medical (and they have casts)

I think you miss the point of fire, It's all damage no utility. Also that damage is wrong on fireball this is on a bee. I also have to aim all of my abilities other than Dragonflame bullet. Also a 1.6 second cast time when I have one hand bonus + Snake weapon is not quick.
image.png.549821ae71f60ddcd8f567a9deb72450.png

Edited by Unholy Daddy Hidan

8 hours ago, Unholy Daddy Hidan said:

I think you miss the point of fire, It's all damage no utility. Also that damage is wrong on fireball this is on a bee. I also have to aim all of my abilities other than Dragonflame bullet. Also a 1.6 second cast time when I have one hand bonus + Snake weapon is not quick.
image.png.549821ae71f60ddcd8f567a9deb72450.png

Fire will have more damage than any mastery involving utility.

However what is shown is that this is a near-best case scenario where i maximize my damage and minimize fire's (interrupting/kiting the harder-hitting casts, in this case 1 dragonflame made it through, and channeled casts were interrupted in the middle). Even in this case, spamming one technique (fireball) exceeds the damage I can pump out on my autos, and both hyuuga/wind combined.

This is due to 1 of 2 things:

1. Hyuuga/Wind lacking damage and/or being too high in cooldown for their usability (this only goes for some spells without utility)

2. Fire having too much damage OR too low cooldown

Also I will argue your fireball damage, here is one of your casts on me (including my Toughness). 5 second duration encounter (shown by Recount) for 3.8k damage as mentioned prevously. Did you take off your spell power scrolls to make that picture?

image.thumb.png.69794ff5b2900c3b44567000090a8409.png

That's also logs of the full 4 minute fight broken into segments where I kited too hard and went out of combat (4 minutes long as mentioned).

Edited by donaldwasright