Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Zoogie

Discussion: CC Break (PVP Trinket)

Having a CC break has been a topic for a long time in discord so I thought it was about time we took it to the forums... Should there even be an item or ability that can break CC? Should it act the same way as the PVP trinket in WoW does? Are there any other ways, within the limits of the engine, to break CC? to How long should cooldowns be? Available to everyone and at what level? There are many questions to be asked, as well as answered. Please, if you have any suggestions or input to this topic please comment something 🙂 

For anyone who isnt familiar with the term CC, it is short for Crowd Control. It is something that makes you lose control of your character. For example, stuns, roots, disorients, mind controls, slows, etc are all forms of CC. 

First, i think that there should be a way to avoid CC. With everyone getting Chunin and access to more abilities CC has become a very crucial aspect of pvp and being able to survive or not. Damage seems to be really high right now so being locked in chain, or even just 1 CC can feel hopeless. However, I am not a big fan of a "CC break" button. I think it is way over done in mmos and in particular World of Warcraft. In WoW arenas, for example, having a "pvp trinket" is such an important part of the game that I feel like if Shinobi Story added something along the same lines this game would feel way too similar. I understand that this is a wow engine and not everything is doable but I do want to suggest something that would be considered a "pvp ability" but not a true "CC Break." This is what I suggest: a complete rework of the substitution justsu. It will instead be an ability that you can preemptively use to try and predict an incoming spell and negate its CC as well as damage. It will act as a CC break but instead of using it during the CC you have to use it before. Not only will it require more skill, it also makes more sense. Im not claiming to know a whole lot about the show but from my understanding the substitution justsu has to be completed before they are struck by an attack. they replace themselves with wood or a water clone or something like that. They dont use it after they have already been hit. It may be reactive to a point, but the ability is always used BEFORE the incoming attack. Im not much for lore or anything but this just feels more right to me, other than using or doing something AFTER you have been struck by something. If the engine can allow it, this is what I suggest: Substitution Jutsu will provide a buff lasting just a few seconds and within the window if you are struck by an ability it will negate it. CC or not. Afterwards you go invisible for a few seconds like it is now. I really dont care how it works tbh, I just dont want a "pvp trinket." In my opinion it is extremely overdone in MMOs and it doesnt even make any sense in the shinobi world imo. THanks for reading, sorry if i rambled a bit. THoughtS??

Edited by Zoogie

Yes I agree, there is a spell ingame that isn't used, I think it should be used plss, but increase CD little bitt

1e44167a5ca88125becb409a730b811d.png

after looking at some of the discord conversation i just wanna say that you seem to have a genuine grasp on what increases skill in pvp and what doesn't never compromise on this.

adding get out of jail free cards is not a way to increase skill by any measure, even if you use wow as a case study - every single edition after it's vanilla inception decreased in skill ceiling because they kept adding 1 button answers to everything such as the various defensives. SS doesn't have anywhere near the CC lockout of WoW even so in that way it doesn't warrant a CC break, there are already multiple ways to outplay CC in SS so if people aren't already utilizing those then they have no right to complain yet. It just makes them seem unwilling to learn and cry for an easier answer.

Adding pre-emptive or reaction/prediction based defensive(s) in order to immune things is a great way to increase skill while giving people the ability to more easily recognize how to outplay certain things -- The earth immune ability is a great early inception of one of these things.

Great suggestion Zoogie.