Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
faraelos

Feedback for Genjutsu

image.png.459117eac2116edb9f65448169982238.png

The damage range (200-1098) of this ability feels bad while killing things, it takes 3 secs + 5 secs for a combined of 8 secs(without counting pushback from being attacked) before damage is dealt with this ability. What I mean when I say it feels bad is waiting 8 seconds to deal 200 or 300 or even 400 dmg and then wait 18 secs before I can use the ability again. I propose to increase the lower portion of the dmg range (the 200) to something higher, but keep the skill with the same cd and the effect of waiting 5 secs, and like donaldwaswright said, increase the range to perhaps 25+ yard. The concept of the jutsu though is awesome when it comes to the delayed dmg.

image.png.9f573b9d8a2387960dc4ba3106d0453e.png

For this jutsu I find the same problem with Mindspikes jutsu, dmg range is a bit too random, and for a DoT that ticks 4 times only, it feels bad while killing monsters with high hp. I propose to increase the minimum dmg(the 101) of the jutsu and keep it the same or instead of it doing dmg every 5 seconds, make it do dmg every 2 seconds but keep the dmg range intact. Just like with Mindspikes jutsu, make the yard range consistent between the jutsus(25+ yards). I do like that genjutsu was given a DoT, makes the playstyle dynamic pairing it with Mindspikes. A delayed burst of dmg and a DoT together pair very well.

Both jutsus also have a chance to miss on their target. Mindflame not only can miss on the initial application, it can also miss on a tick of the DoT.

image.png.6246bc0ff4fdc7c2ff6e3883d5f43e60.png

This image illustrates the dmg dealt for 20-30 minutes (i forgot exactly but its around that range of time). As you can see, Simple Strike having a dmg range of around 124-145 (which the range itself is actually close between minimum and maximum dmg) is being actually competitive with Mindflame the 2nd jutsu you get, and is beating Mindspikes by a fair margin. I find that Simple Strike shouldn't be beating, and or be competitive against jutsus you learn through training.

I must reiterate, dmg ranges that are too far apart from each other, does not feel good when you get the short end of the stick while killing something. Dmg ranges that are not too far apart also could make it easier to math and balance the numbers for the dmg of abilities.

Important Note: This feedback is based on taking genjutsu as first mastery and going through normal lvling process.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by faraelos

I agree, but propose something a bit different - that higher range is increased. Damage range 200-1600 as I think the idea is that this is meant to be a high rng spell. You may do really well or really bad.

23 hours ago, donaldwasright said:

I agree, but propose something a bit different - that higher range is increased. Damage range 200-1600 as I think the idea is that this is meant to be a high rng spell. You may do really well or really bad.

This is actually the design philosophy I went with when creating Genjutsu. It can do really well, or really meh. It "lore" aspect of the mastery is determined on if you could successfully "trick" your opponent into thinking they got hurt.

I'm going to tune some genjutsu abilities to make them a little more weighty, though.