Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Kizo

v30 feedback compilation

This thread is created to compile a number of different player ideas for feedback and suggestion purposes. If anything comes to mind, you can just post in the thread. If someone mentions something on discord, I'll pop it in here too.

On masteries/combat

- Lightning Cutter seems to be scaling wildly with attack power instead of spell or jutsu power at a 2:1 ratio, which is what most of its power seems to come from. Nerfing lightning cutter by percentages doesn't make a difference when the fundamental issue seems to be its AP scaling.

- Uchiha Paralysis Jutsu is currently a 4s root on a 1min CD. I know this is meant to be a stun, but I figured I'd re-mention it here in case it gets forgotten.

- Clans and kenjutsu are dogshit. You'll get more usefulness out of a ninjutsu user in PVE and PVP situations both. In PVE, you still get use out of a lvl 10 at masked man with the right masteries because the Water jutsu AOE slow is highly valued there where in PVP, it's not very strange for a lvl 10 to slap a lvl 20 because of mastery imbalances due to everything being balanced around 3 masteries and us all being stuck with just 1.

- Hyuuga can't even use the legendary ninja kunai if they have it, because it isn't fists. Changing the weapon's flag would probably resolve this.

- Autoattack meta is a bad feel. Even if you're a ninjutsu user, you'll be sitting in melee range as much as you can in both PVP and PVE because autoattacks do so much damage by virtue of attack power being easier to acquire than spell power because they're given with every level-up, and because there are no filler spells. Having your #1 source of damage be white melee hits is very unsatisfying in all regards because it rhymes with low inputs and downtime. Maybe something could be done to ranged builds to provide them with some sort of filler spell with low/no cd and no/low cost which functions as an autoattack equivalent? Your WoW fire mage doesn't sit there meleeing the boss instead of casting filler spells. Even tai builds should have their own filler, or you wind up with that weird vanilla WoW paladin phenomena where you wind up just tabbing out while you wait.

- Expanding on the previous issue: significant rotation downtime affects the sense of engagement with combat. I think that's where the game probably loses a lot of its players: with only 1 mastery, even if you're level 40, combat is boring for the foreseeable future. Even if we were all to receive 2nd mastery access at lvl 15 or 20, we'd only have 2 additional spells to play with.

- Delivering feedback on balance is complicated by the fact that 1) we only have 1 out of our 3 masteries and 2) levelling alts is shit because you have to solo. In order to be better testers, we probably need to be able to pick all 3 of our masteries, even if it's tied to level so that 1st mastery comes from starter quest, 2nd comes from lvl 15 and 3rd comes from 30 or something to that effect. Rank-related items like vests could still require the relevant Chunin & Jonin ranks.

- The argument of "clans are weak early on and strong later" means nothing when the intention is that you can also pick them as a 2nd or 3rd talent, so if you pick clan mastery at the start you're boning yourself for nothing. From a balance and lore perspective, it should be a 1st talent pick only. It feels conceptually silly to unlock your sharingan or byakugan after having already become chunin-level proficient in something else.

On quests

- Acquiring the Fire mastery can take several hours with bad RNG, where the questline for starting out other masteries is much shorter. The tabacco should have a very higher droprate than it does, or its acquisition method should be changed as robbers can also be rather difficult to kill for low levels.

- General quest balance in terms of EXP and item rewards is really bad.

On items

- That lvl 12 ninja cards exist when you can't use ninja cards unless you have a scroll that only drops from a boss with a lvl 25+ requirement almost like a bug. I propose adding a quest chain that gives you 1 scroll with no perk for it (as in, not Scroll of Fireball or w/e) where you can slot 1 ninja card into it. That would make ninja cards usable and accessible early on , without devaluing Masked Man's drops at all.

- There are still a lot of missing vendor prices on items. Ninja tools, some weapons, are all missing prices.

On general gameplay

- Most gameplay is presently singleplayer-based, save for bossing and PVP convenience. This is due to the fact that being in a party screws up EXP distribution and sharing, as well as messing up sidequests. IMO this is a high prio change, because SS is currently an MMO with no grouping incentive.

- Rename the global world chat that you made with the last update. It fucked up sending messages to the custom channel called 'global': chatting in /2 while you're out in the world doesn't work because the game shits up and sends your messages to /1 instead.

- Make inns or even the whole towns they belong to sanctuaries. It's annoying asf that even rogues need to run all the way to Konoha Academy.

- Fix guards in non-Konoha settlements being affiliated with Konoha.

- I'm not sure how it could be done, but something needs to be changed in regards to reputation with PVP. Presently, only the person who got the last hit gets reputation loss from a PVP kill. You can be a full-on rogue with max Konoha rep by virtue of just not having gotten the last hit, which makes it impossible for Leaf-loyal players to kill them because they'll incur rep loss and become rogues themselves. There's also the issue of a lack of rogue hub (only res spawn and sanctuary are both in Konoha) which leads to issues, but I'm to understand that Land of Waves will be the new rogue spot.

- I'm fairly sure there's some shenaniganry with XP boost rewards and drops. You can easily get lvl 10 different stats and still be stuck at lvl 3-4 in physical attack because it never seems to drop.

- I have some varied gripes with mob density and EXP rates detailed more here.

- Given that there are a number of false bug reports with "items not working" and items disappearing while Ninja Travel Speed is active, Ninja Travel Speed should probably not be a channeled spell anymore but rather a buff that is cancelled when the player is hit.

- Make the Traveler's Pack bags bind on account. If you bought the bag upgrade and the starter pack, you'll have an extra bag and no ability to trade it.

- Change something about the randomization of SQ rewards. Maybe every 5, or 10, should have a guarantee to have a gold koban reward, just as a bad luck prevention measure.

- Stop buffing the bosses all the time. The more you buff them, the less of a chance new players have of getting into groups, meaning they have less things to do in a game that already has little content. If players get strong enough to 5man bosses like Masked Man, there may be more PVP springing up over resource scarcity.

A/N: I don't have perfect perspective of what's going on behind the scenes in terms of how different things work, so if I'm wrong about something like Lightning Cutter scaling with AP, I apologize: I'm not sure how else to explain why xyz is a phenomena that exists.

Edited by Kizo

Masteries:

Lightning - it's just dumb because it's the first spell and it has all the perfect elements - 15 second cd, no skill shot needed, high base dmg, high scaling with AP, NO CAST

Hyuuga - I will say will be a lot stronger in the future because gentle fist will scale indefinitely with ap and better weapons. It will not be weak by any means

Items:

Ninja tool: weak Poison does not work for me (Hyuuga with fist weps, gentle fist active on weps)

Assign vendor values for majority of items. We want to at least vendor the 5th Naginata we get from side quests, reverse kunai, tools, all kinds of loot.

The feedback Kizo made about auto attack being the major source of damage is something to take note of. In terms of class fantasy and variety it would be great to also be able to go full ranged attacks, instead of having to go into melee range after you blow the cooldowns of your jutsus. Heck, it could potentially be like a "simple strike" type of skill but for ranged, that scales with jutsu power (spell power). I for one will say that I dislike being in melee range and prefer to be far from whatever I'm hitting therefore I am a bit biased in that regard.

Edited by faraelos

On 11/8/2021 at 1:12 AM, Kizo said:

- The argument of "clans are weak early on and strong later" means nothing when the intention is that you can also pick them as a 2nd or 3rd talent, so if you pick clan mastery at the start you're boning yourself for nothing. From a balance and lore perspective, it should be a 1st talent pick only. It feels conceptually silly to unlock your sharingan or byakugan after having already become chunin-level proficient in something else.

I agree with that

Thank you for your feedback =]

I really only have 2 major complaints/things that I would really like to be fixed. First is the ninja rank -> skill point board. There are players that have gotten to C rank while others who cant even get past E when they have the required points to do so. Feels bad. Second is the anti-safespotting / super charge. I understand the reasoning for the mechanic but it is not only buggy but it can be extremely punishing for those who arent trying to safespot. In its current state players are almost forced to just attack one mob and stand still. Using Aggressive Bees, for example, if you want to gather up multiple mobs that are spaced apart you risk getting charged and dying. I know that there are ways around the mechanic like using shuriken, standing still or running a certain way but the mechanic at the moment is a total fun killer in my opinion. I dont think its outrageous to ask to be able to run around freely when attacking NPCs.