Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Vlad

Shinobi Story Main Storyline Ideas Thread

Hey Ninja,

As you may have seen from our last Developer Blogpost, we are introducing a main storyline to help players level coherently, and help them experience bits of lore and an overarching sense of purpose to the world. Some of you have been asked to help write this, and so I am opening the floor to the community to help elaborate or think up some fun/cool/unique things for every zone to add flavor or character! 

We're breaking down the map like this: 

a778b57e9377fbb9db73b0e7837b78ec.jpg

Leaf Village & nearby forests [Lvs 1-10]

Yokohama Town & Kisaragi Port Town & Deep Forest [Lvs 10-17]

Notchi City, Port Hachou, and the Penninsula [Lvs 18-28]

2 Unnamed Towns, The Monk Temple, and Tanzaku Town [Lvs 28-35]

Forest of Death, and Northern Land of Fire [Lvs 35-40+]

If you have any stories you'd love to see in the zones, please post them here! I'd like this post to be the "official" post where we can pin together ideas in one collaborative place. Spoilers don't matter because people will play through the game anyway, but just for those special people...

spoiler warning! 

If this is like, way back in Hashirama's time, I can't give much but I'd maybe like to see some of the Shinobi war stuff going on in the level 35-40 area.  If im wrong though then maybe some Uzamaki bridge quests? ;33

In the Level 35-40 section of the map there could be invading Ninja's from other villages coming from the North or something like that

(Still waiting to become the Eye Sage ;))

Edited by CrimsonMoth

Here are a few side quests I came up with for the 1-10 range, Ill be working on some ideas for the main story line soon as well, I'm thinking that robbers will be the main tie in, maybe a Defias type chain for the 1-10 zone, with a few twists of course

1-10 quests

Snake Infestation!/ Kill 30 Snakes

Retrieve Book from Robbers!/ Go get a book from robbers (low drop or actual items you pick up, could even come in pages that need to be put together like STV)

Take Care of Timbermaw / Large wolf outside Konoha Boss type mob

Grandma’s Cooking / Collect 10 walnuts (ground spawn item) and 5 bear meat

Sneak into the Dark Forest / Sneak into the dark forest and kill 10 moths, be careful though!

Lady on the road / defend a lady on the road from robbers (actually thinking this might be the intro the the main questline I come up with, not 100% yet)

Water Walking! / go meet the water walking trainer

LOST NECKLACE / swim to the bottom of the lake and retrieve the necklace

The great mountain / climb to the top of the mountain near Konoha

Edited by Skidrow

Bit of a ramble, but I had a couple thoughts for a main quest, or a quest line of sorts.

Since this world is not exactly the same as in Naruto, I think it would be awesome if you travelled around the Land of Fire, earning the respect of war veterans to learn about the history of this world and what makes it different. You could have them tell the story of the Ninjas that shaped this world and what made them special.

Could have one veteran in each of the coloured levelling zones perhaps, with a few quests tied to each one to show mastery of the area and earn respect of the veteran, like visiting locations and killing harder creatures. Maybe each could have a unique trial for the player, like gathering a certain flower on a certain cliff or beating them in a game of riddles.

It would give lots of depth to the world while also guiding players with little mmo experience in the direction they should take. Maybe you could choose one of the veterans to teach you a jutsu at the end; one that you could only get from the quest. It would add a level of uniqueness to each character and could feel like you are being taken on as a student of a hero. Would be cool if a really unique playstyle was revealed through a certain mastery combination and certain unique quest reward jutsus from around the world.

Leaves lots of room for creativity and integration with other quest ideas too, as they could play as the requests of trials from the veteran to gain their trust.

Here's an old proposition of a questline I've thought out (the big lines). I'll repost it here since I believe it is a good first draw for something that could evolve into a storyline.
No specific area in mind, but I'd say 28-35 area OR 35-40+

Spoiler

(13th of June, 2020) Hello there,

So here goes something. I tried to think up of a questline structure and I'd love to gather some constructive critics on it. If you find "plot holes", ways to diver from the questline, ways to better it up, making more suspense, etc.

Sorry for bad sentence structure/grammar/etc., english isn't my first language ?

Spoiler

1) Genins go to some little fisher town (or any other kind of small village). They are ask to handle a bandits' gang that's been pillaging the village quite a few times in the last weeks.

2) When arriving, they discover villagers hiding in their shacks, watching them go in the town with hostile looks. Some people residing here are laying in the streets, visibly sick and agonizing. The Team goes to the village elder to get a bit more infos on the whereabouts of the gang and the context in general.

3) After a bit of orientation and investigation, the Team manages to find one of the bandit camps in an area near a river. There, the players could either clean the camp and look for clues in the bandits' stuff, interrogate a lonely bandit or try to steal informations without being seen. If the players look well enough, they could either find A] Other bandits' camp positions ; B] Food and ryos ; C] A little notebook kept up-to-date by one of the bandits. This notebook would reveal clues about a weird operation going on in the forest/moutain further from the village. ; D] Pile of corpses, some of them being tossed away in the river, others hanging around on the bank. There could also be a tent which would act kind of like a morgue, where bandits would stock dead villagers, travelers and such. IF the players investigate well enough, they will find a symbol engraved in the flesh of the corpses and awful bruises/cuts on the dead bodies.

4) To this point, players have a few options. Either kill the other bandit camps and call it a day or investigate the dead civilians and this curious symbol found on them. IF the players choose to investigate furthermore, they will have to go to other bandit camps and find a bit more information on what this is all about.

5) At the second camp, IF they are fast enough, the Team will find a letter meant for an anonymous person and written by the leader of this camp. Apparently, the River Camp was meant to be a body-dump, where they are unloading the "failed guinea pigs". Unfortunately, the 2nd-Camp Leader was writing this letter because his scout never came back from the River Camp. IF the players are too late, they could A] Find the messenger on the road and FOLLOW him or KILL him and loot him in order to find more clues ; B] Interrogate the 2nd-Camp Leader ; C] Try to find more clues in the camp. They could find an other letter, from a bandit to its lover/sister/father (whatever, really) in which he talks about his current job difficulties (mostly logistics for the other camps around), how the 2nd-Camp was meant to become the regional QG for this shady operation and the existence of a third camp, which would be a kind of fortified camp meant to protect something untold. (PS: This letter can still be found even if they manage to come before the messenger leaves)

6) At this point, they almost uncovered the ongoing operation. If the players are not too... simple, they will manage to stumble on the 3rd-Camp, which is fortified and alot more defended, too. Players shouldn't be able to slaughter the 3rd-Camp, as it is the Main Center of the Shady Operation and therefore quite populated. If they manage to infiltrate the 3rd camp, they will discover quite easily what's going on here. They could stumble upon an underground laboratory where its Boss tries to develop a new ninjutsu technic involving seals (or whatever, really).

7) [WIP/To Be Defined]