Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
qckillerphil

For Vlad - PvE till lvl 10

Like i wrote in discord,

i have been playing WoW for the last 15 years and when you play on a Full PvP server. You're safe till lvl 10. At lvl 10, PvP is turned ON and you cannot turn it Off.

Yeah while I do understand the lore behind the reasoning for constant PVP, it does make it really hard for lowbies who for whatever reason don't have a group to play with to actually do quests. Like it took me about 10 deaths to get to Yokohana town or whatever it was called. It's hard enough learning the game without having higher levels sit outside the gates and gank you for an hour or so.

I know a lot of people said to just group up, or that when the game is actually launched and ready to go, but you're assuming that most people will be bothered to run out and take down other players who are killing lowbies, which might not be the case. Later on when a lot of people have maxed their levels, and done whatever end game content there is, then sure that will happen, but early on when you want to actually grab new players and have them stay, I do genuinely think this will stop them from doing so.

Either allow people to toggle PVP on and off till about level 10 or so, when they can actually defend themselves to some extent

I am going to discuss about the above issues in three ways,

1st I will tell why people attack you.

2nd i will tell why the above solution are going to ruin the shinobi experience.

3rd I will provide a viable solution for lowbies not having a hard time in the ninja world.

So starting with the question, why do they even attack you? Well thats because in the early stages of alpha, firstly there are no punishments for killing allies, like going rogue, taking away honour points, etc.

Secondly jonins dont protect people untill they run basically inside leaf village, which is easy to encounter by using substitute and running away.

Thirdly, the difference in strength between levels is such that if a person who is 3-4 level higher than you is going to win 100 percent because their melee hit 100 peŕcent of the time while you miss many, and further more the damage you do to higher levels is different from what you do to someone same level as you so you are disadvantageous in four aspects- 

1. Health

2. Chakra

3. Stats(i know this doesnt work rn)

4. The dodge, misses and parries

So its very easy for a higher level to dominate the battle against a lower level so they take advantage of this and attack anyone below 3-4 levels of them and seeing who really attacks lowbies at this point are all level 15+ so lowbies do not stand a single chance against them.

Now to answer why this will hinder the experience of a game, this is a pvp game so firstly it doesnt make sense to provide protection till level 10, no enemy will will ever see a genin and "Oh no he is very weak i cant kill him". And this is an early alpha so not many people play right now and if they do then they focus on farming rather than wasting time saving some lowbie who will just respawn in hospital with literally no debuffs. When people have reached the level cap or got the things they wanted they will look to more rp based content like helping fellow leaf villagers and providing them protection, game haa not reached that point yet and people are still busy farming koban or grinding levels. And the last part, lets say you are given the protection you wanted from pvp now what will people do? They will go to the out and to places far from leaf village that may or may not be near enemy nations and grind/farm there while the enemies cant do anything to them. And to the guy above me telling that pvp should get on at level 10, a level 14 will gank you anyways without effort so that solution is meaning less anyways.

Then what can be done to help not ruining the experience for new players? Just make them such targets till level 5 that killing them is of no use to anyone, no honour points, no kill count, no bounty increase, so lowbies will be a waste of time and effort for the enemy.

I agree with what Lon3Rid3r said, because there is no real punishment for it people are more likely to do it, not to mention is also gives players something to do by hunting other players and gives money. There isn't much to do in the game at the moment besides grind Gold Koban or fight other players, and because more people are choosing to grind rather than fight, those who choose to fight are left with little else to do other than bullies those who are grinding. 

While it can be frustrating for the one who is being killed, there just isn't enough other content to keep people that busy for now. 

Personally, I think that there should be some kind of safeguard for new characters, 10 seems a little much, maybe level 3 or 5 would be a bit more balanced. Also, when more content is added this may not be needed anymore, right now all there really is to do in the "end game" is to kill level 5s or grind extra stuff you (might) need in the future and I am sure that this is 80% of the reason people are killing low levels as soon as the leave the village. Would it happen even if there was content, sure, but probably not even enough to be noticed.

Foremost I think community problems should be solved by the community. This is a mmorpg that focuses on pvp. There are players and organizations currently and in the future that will try to protect friendly players who just want to play. Community resolutions are the way to go imo. An idea could be to add "friendly" zones. Just like in WoW. Certain roads could be patrolled by NPCs that can offer some level of protection but stray too far and you are on your own. Not saying i support this but it is an idea besides having protection based on levels.