Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Alpha Part 2 & What to Expect

Hello Ninja,

As the 28th approaches, I want to give some information about the state of the game, what to expect, and how this all impact your gameplay. Our Development team has really put their heart into Shinobi Story. We've spent countless hours of our personal time working towards our goal of creating a Ninja RPG that eventually will reach a point where it can bring  fun gameplay for all. What we are releasing on the 28th is an EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. 

Some of you may not know what that means or simply choose to ignore it- so I will do my best to set up expectations and a rough timeline. the EARLY ACCESS ALPHA means that the game is a point where there are tons of bugs, systems not fully working, experimental game design, placeholders, less content, and gameplay wipes coming. All of this is done to ensure the best version of Shinobi Story we can make. I know this may upset some who were unwilling or unable to understand the state of the game & are looking for a complete game.

This is not a complete game whatsoever.  

I am stressing this point so that you do not log-in and get totally confused. What you will log into is the largest custom from-scratch map ever made in WoW modding. What you will see is countless people's hard work, sleepless nights, and volunteer hours put in to create the world you see. Early on we decided to make the game difficult. You do not get an in-game map, mini map, or quest helper. From the start we've intended Shinobi Story to be a place where you are able to create a ninja in a 3D atmosphere, rise up the ranks, customize your ninja, and battle with cool jutsu, not a place to speed run max level (not possible), grind nonstop, and have your hand held throughout. Our game does not hold your hand-- you get a compass & your brains, the rest you have to figure out by exploring, trying, and interacting with others. 

I am very proud of what we've made because it wasn't easy. This has been a massive amount of work to get where we are & we're only getting better with each month. I ask you to stick with us, because the best things are still to come. 

I hesitate to give an exact timelines as i've learned those deadlines are impossible to stick to with an all-volunteer staff, but I promise to you that we will do our best & make you proud. As it stands, most of the map does not have a lot of NPCs or content. We're dedicating weeks to each town/village/area one by one. We will be working very hard all of next month to make our Hidden Leaf Village the best version out there, filled with things to do, missions to accept, and a Village as you've never seen it before! We did not just copy-paste the whole Leaf Village 3D model found on DeviantArt, as three other games out there did; we put in the work to make it our own. We're going to be adding interiors to most of the models in the village, but due to a lack of time they will not be enterable on the 28th. 

As for jutsu, we will be releasing a few masteries at a time, starting with Fire & Uchiha. We're going to add a couple more every week & I am personally super excited to show you Godsk, Lewis, & my own hard work making the jutsu. They truly won' disappoint! The sheer scale of our project makes it difficult to accomplish everything we want, but we have never given up! 

On behalf of the whole Team at Shinobi Story, we are beyond humbled to have you on this crazy journey with us. Together we can make the greatest 3D ninja game we can! Please enjoy what we've made so far, get lost in the massive map, and most importantly, discover your ninja way!

Till' next time,

Vlad