Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
taters

Shinzou Saitou

Backgroundc8d38eb36898318501c0f89bf732c5a7.jpg.a138c05453b0552ee0f5d2807dcb56a6.jpg

Shinzou orphaned from a young age, was forced to fend for himself and often resorted to theft in order to get enough food to not starve to death. He lived in alleys and in the winter would often sneak into houses to try and stay warm until at the age of 6 he snuck into an old shack in the northern mountains of the Lad of Fire during a harsh winter hoping to find something he could use to stay warm. it was rather dark inside but the smoldering embers of a fire gave him just enough light to make his way around. The mix of the cold and hunger dulling his intuition, the thought never even dawned on him that another person had to have lit the fire. After taking a few steps into the room he noticed a small table with half a loaf of bread and a pot of tea on it and without a second thought the young boy started to devour the food until he heard a male voice "hungry now aren't ya?" the boy stopped dead in his tracks terrified as he looked back to notice a man sitting in the corner a straw hat sitting beside him and his sword resting against him. The mans voice was rather kind as he replied "go ahead finish the meal you look like you could use it more than me anyways." After the boy finished his meal he went to leave when the man piped up "come here boy" not knowing what else to do the boy followed the strange mans instructions. The man asked the boy some questions including the boys name and after hearing that the boy was an orphan and had no name he bestowed him the name of Shinzou "gods gift" as the man who before lacked purpose in his life felt a need to protect and raise the boy. He taught him the way of the sword and instilled a firm code which was to Stand by your word and only draw your blade for what you beleive in. The man took Shinzou with him on his journeys explaining to the boy that he was part of the illustrious Saitou Family. He was very knowledgeable on medical practices and was often sent to trade rare herbs or requested to work as a doctor for high end clients. Shinzou was fascinated by his new father figure, he was a walking contradiction. He was firm yet gentle, he cared for life yet would end a threat without hesitation. He was an expert with the sword as well as the scalpel. He taught the boy how to kill as well as how to preserve life and treat the wounded. The boy often confused with the conflicting messages still tried to follow the mans every direction and live up to expectations of the man that showed him the first act of kindness he ever experienced on that cold night. Eventually roughly 10 years after Shinzou met the man, he called for the boy and when the Shinzou entered the mans eyes looked sad yet his face held a smile. As he motioned for the boy to take a seat he said "You have grown into a great young man Shinzou, I can barely recognise the young boy that broke into the hut 10 years ago, you have become very proficient in the sword, and there is nothing left I can teach you in medicine." he let out a long sigh taking a long object draped in cloth handing it to the boy "Unfortunately I doubt you could have a fulfilling life just following my every step. I think it's time for you to go out and forge your own path... here, think of it as a gift to celebrate your upcoming journey in life. You will face many challenges and you may question everything you've learned." The mans smile was warm and endearing "Just don't go against what you feel is right, remember what I told you when you first held a blade, and you will make it through everything just fine." Shinzou accepted the gift with a polite bow removing the cloth to reveal a katana of excellent craftmanship. There was an engraving of a rose with thorns on the blade. The flower signifying his gentle nature and the thorns signifying his prowess in combat. attached to the hilt was a note and the man spoke up as Shinzou read it "Make sure to not loose this, You are Shinzou Saitou, take this to to the Kanjirou and tell him I sent you, they should accept you into the family. I already have packed your bags with what you will need for the journey while you were out training. You should head out at dawn tomorrow, if you make good pace it should take roughly a week to get there." The two talked for a bit before having a small feast and when dawn broke the next day, after heartfilled goodbyes, Shinzou began his journey to meet the Saitou family.

d0370c9765297cc60340b42e3b2edd95.jpga51f7de55bf070ae0b25fb9931448fb4.jpg.bbaecd6fa71e5f782674f1033fa53590.jpgb295d0f9b0f912cbf0dc67d3710abeb9.jpg.a7a1332b88677217a3fd3a285721d906.jpg

Edited by taters