Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Gogo

[Quest Ideas] Darkest Suggestions

Well hello there, ninja! 

As you should know by now, Shinobi Story is a cruel ninja world that is not for the faint of heart. And this isn’t solely due to the lovely player-to-player interaction, but due to quests as well.  

I want you to touch your subconscious, write your nightmarish ideas. The only limitation is your courage. 

image.png

Those without stomach for this place must move on.

I believe my post was done too late so Ill link it here as well (removed https since I dont want the huge quote box) - shinobistory.com/forums/topic/471-penny-for-your-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=4094

. A traveller merchants (or just anyone thats using a wooden cart) cart has broken down somewhere on a road, you find the NPC outside a city. You help him gather some wood from nearby (by picking it up?) so he can repair it, and in return you get a small treat that boost your stats for a while.
Simple quest but to create atmosphere in the world.

Edited by muscularfun
aa

8 minutes ago, muscularfun said:

I believe my post was done too late so Ill link it here as well (removed https since I dont want the huge quote box) - shinobistory.com/forums/topic/471-penny-for-your-thoughts/?do=findComment&comment=4094

. A traveller merchants (or just anyone thats using a wooden cart) cart has broken down somewhere on a road, you find the NPC outside a city. You help him gather some wood from nearby (by picking it up?) so he can repair it, and in return you get a small treat that boost your stats for a while.
Simple quest but to create atmosphere in the world.

This thread is exclusively for dark quests, but I can see this scenario escalating quick. Ex: the cart breaks down in the middle of the woods and there are wolves.

Hm, can’t help it but get Beauty and the Beast type of vibes.

Edited by Gogo

I got one.... How bout a illness infects the village, and makes it very hard to use kekkei genkei or jutsus since it depletes chakra super fast. It can be a event, so basically it starts off with the animals catching it and spread to npcs and players and is capable of rendering a entire village to its knees... The only cure would be a thorned black flower, usually grows on the mountains or in the deep forest. This is very flexible and can fit almost anything, so it can be modified to fit the game if you guys feel the need to ?

OH look a Summon?! put up a quest, apparently the summon in question was anonymous for some reason. but this quest describes... a- monster that has been doing horrible, truly disgusting acts ugh I can't even read this outloud... this seems like fiction. Well basically close to no information is known about the guy aside from what he is being detained for... go ahead and based on what he has done gather enough clues and arrest him for further investigation. remember any disobedience will cause a penalty 

This is a quest made to follow and detain/kill a truly horrible person that has gone out of his way to make hell to those who fall victim to him, he is accused of capturing family homes in the country sides rape the women in the house eat the husband and kill the children until the reassures are done, this does includes the pets of the house as well, that is the most intriguing thing about it no one has seen him and ended up being alive from this so... who put up the mission? and also how are these houses occupied again, do they even get reoccupied or do they get burned down (that's part of the quest making I would say he has left some intact and that's how you find some of the clues and affirm/confirm that he as done such things [eg finding a bitten arm and a dismember head of a child, a dog with heavy physical trauma in the head and a women with bruises around that area] and a track would be found by the player to guess/know his next possible destinations) well regardless I know it was in the country side so that's where I'm heading to find anything regarding this monster, I hope this description is just an exaggeration (after you are done with the mission and find the guy you will get the option to kill him and get more rep or capture him and possibly loose rep, also killing is going to be easier than taking him hostage if im asked I can give a story line regarding the character) 
never the less this will cause interesting rp in my opinion i feel like frienships can be lost for this, doing the mission or what's right, batman type of deal 

Here is my idea, I hope you like it.

There is a little village that needs the help of a ninja to go hunt dangerous animals that live in the near forest, you know, some wild pigs, wolfs, a few snakes, etc. Would be a problem if one of those creatures shows up in the village and started attacking people, so let’s go hunt them before it happens.

A few wolfs, wild pigs, snakes, nothing too hard for a well trained ninja. A few minutes later… job done! Let’s go back and report the mission complete!

But suddenly, a little far away, there are sounds, sounds like someone is crying for help, this forest is dangerous, maybe that person didn’t know that and got attacked, let’s go help.

A ninja from another village is the person that was crying for help and is severely injured, ok this is weird, why would a ninja have problems dealing with some dangerous animals?

-It… it wasn’t animals, it was them, the villagers did this to me, run… RUN AWAY, look what they did to me! I don’t want anyone to suffer the same, don’t worry about me, it’s too late for me anyways, run away from those monsters…

Those were his last words...

Monsters? Why monsters? They seemed nice people, this is not okay. Those wounds… this ninja was bitten by something big, but he is not bleeding that much and the wounds are not profound...

Maybe running away is the best for now, ending up like this ninja would be a problem.

...Wait, I am surrounded, right? Just turning around and seeing five villagers about to do with me the same that they did with the other ninja, what a problem, still, they are not ninjas, dealing with them should be easy.

-I am sure your chakra is delicious, let us have a taste of it.

The villager that said that opened his mouth so much that he literally broke his jaw, wait, no, maybe his jaw is just like that, because he is not human at all, his mouth is entirely filled with teeth, just like a leech, maybe they sucked all the blood of this ninja, that is why he died, but they are not talking about leeching blood, but chakra, what the hell.

-So you realized, that’s right, we make ninjas come here to help us, but truth is we just want to absorb all their chakra, he is not the only one that died because of that, and you are next!

Anyways so I will start using my fire jutsus like my life depends of it, a fireball should do something here.

-So you can use fire? Not a problem, hey you, do your thing!

One of the villagers used a water technique to counter my fire, but why, they are not ninjas, or maybe they are?

-The ninja behind you was a water user, our friend here absorbed all his chakra and now he can use all his water techniques, also your fire looks powerful, we will be taking your power, by leeching it.

Now I understand why they are monsters, they will kill me by leeching all my chakra, dammit, and I am alone here, the easy mission for just one ninja is a dirty bait, and totally fell in this.

-We like to consider ourselves ninja predators, so just accept your fate!

They are finally attacking me, I can hardly win, retreating and getting help is the best now, they are too strong for me. Substitution jutsu will distract them enough time for me to escape.

And it worked! My substitution jutsu saved me, but now that I have this information I have to get help to get rid of all those leech villagers before more ninjas get killed.

But dammit, we, ninjas, are offering our help to little villages always, and this monsters are using our good intentions against us, it’s not fair, it’s cruel, I am going to get revenge no matter what!

Hunting a ninja wanted for the slaughter of a village? You hear that a poblation has disapeared and you travel there to find out what happened. Maybe you can be the ninja that slaughtered the entire village.

You hear about a greedy ninja that is studying forbidden ninjutsus, then you find him and you choose to join him and perform some jutsus that are powerful but at the same time they have a negative impact in the ninja that is using it? Or you can hunt him and be 'the good guy' of the story.

Maybe some 'dark' ninjutsu that are made for killing and not for defeating, or an organization that perform sacrifices for some reason.

This kind of elements may give a dark atmosphere of a conflictive world.

Congrats, @muscularfun@Grimm2021, and @xxdelafuentexx, your quest ideas will make it in game! Expect to find them when venturing! 👀

@Maximoand @Dadell your quest ideas may also make it in game, combined as a multi-part chain quest.

Everyone else, keep the ideas coming; I will always be monitoring for any new additions to this thread. =]

Edited by Gogo