Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Bogdan

I see ranking system rewarding you with power wrong

And here is why

image.png.85dd29c2e219ed2a9462d1a568db1781.png

I think that ranking system rewarding you with ingame power shouldn't be a thing, I'd rather see letting people evolving powerwise without the need of ranking up using the ranks above. If you still want to make these upgrades rank related, I suggest Using the E D C B A S ranking instead. This would allow genin villagers to become just as strong as an ex genin that recently came back to the village after having a training arc as rogue.

Photo edit: decides*

Edited by Bogdan

This is not how this system works. I have no idea where you got any of this info from? 

2 minutes ago, Vlad said:

This is not how this system works. I have no idea where you got any of this info from? 

how will it work then? from the details we got so far about it this is how most of us see it being. if the representation was wrong then it was my bad. 

1 minute ago, Bogdan said:

how will it work then? from the details we got so far about it this is how most of us see it being. if the representation was wrong then it was my bad. 

Tbh, the system isn't fully fleshed out yet, but it won't be a power spike like you described. We will post more info about this probably before the next alpha

1 minute ago, Vlad said:

Tbh, the system isn't fully fleshed out yet, but it won't be a power spike like you described. We will post more info about this probably before the next alpha

The way i see it is that the ranking system should only reward you with titles and/or ninja clothing instead of making you stronger aswell because the effect i showed in the photo would happen.

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

The way i see it is that the ranking system should only reward you with titles and/or ninja clothing instead of making you stronger aswell because the effect i showed in the photo would happen.

I think you’re seeing the progression system in the wrong light. Cause what I’m getting from what you saying is that A-B-C and 1-2-3 are independent of each other which will allow that looping to proceed where I can just leave the village get to rouge jounin come back then get actual jounin. In actuality if I go genin rouge get to rouge jounin come back I’m still a jounin or if I leave as a chuunin I’m not becoming a rouge genin I’m just the chuunin equivalent and if I get invited back I’m not a genin again I’m still a chuunin.

32 minutes ago, Weed said:

I think you’re seeing the progression system in the wrong light. Cause what I’m getting from what you saying is that A-B-C and 1-2-3 are independent of each other which will allow that looping to proceed where I can just leave the village get to rouge jounin come back then get actual jounin. In actuality if I go genin rouge get to rouge jounin come back I’m still a jounin or if I leave as a chuunin I’m not becoming a rouge genin I’m just the chuunin equivalent and if I get invited back I’m not a genin again I’m still a chuunin.

what im saying is that, if John which is genin goes rogue and gets his rogue rank to 3 which is the equivalent of leaf jonin for exemple, when he pardons there are 2 options:

1.u give him jonin rank because he reached its equivalent as rogue which doesnt really make sense RP wise

2.give him the rank which he initially had before becoming rogue and he will be stronger than every other genin in village due to the rewards he got as ranking up as rogue

Edited by Bogdan

29 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

what im saying is that, if John which is genin goes rogue and gets his rogue rank to 3 which is the equivalent of leaf jonin for exemple, when he pardons there are 2 options:

1.u give him jonin rank because he reached its equivalent as rogue which doesnt really make sense RP wise

2.give him the rank which he initially had before becoming rogue and he will be stronger than every other genin in village due to the rewards he got as ranking up as rogue

Alright glad we know it’s option 1

and even if it was option 2 why would they add being able to get rewards over and over again like that make a lick of sense for balancing

Edited by Weed

1 minute ago, Weed said:

Alright glad we know it’s option 1

it still doesn't make any sense RP wise so that's why i look down on this aswell

1 minute ago, Bogdan said:

it still doesn't make any sense RP wise so that's why i look down on this aswell

RP an option not mandatory