Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Toggy

Petition to kick aether from the discord

Honestly Aether stabbed me and then stole my ToonTown memorabilia collection so I'm all for it.

deadpixelprank.png.0d59584d8e675a0d0c0718ff81be5fe5.png

Aether wont read me anymore stories about the fantastic animals  #alone why has fate abandoned me

I.. have to come forward now that it's come to this..

So as you all know, I joined the team after Aether. It was around October 2019 when I joined, and I met Aether. He seemed like a bit of an odd one, but I just summed it up to playful banter.

Then things started getting really weird. I noticed in the general chat that he was starting to offer extra services that we had no idea about or even discussed with him. He was charging absurd prices for stuff like ad-free packages, DLC packs, he even went so far as to offer leaks for money.

I asked Vlad about it, but he shrugged it off, saying that that's just Aether being Aether. But I felt something was off. A few weeks later, I get a message from someone, which I will keep their name private so as not to disrespect their privacy. They said that they had paid good money for the DLC pack and there was no confirmation email or anything and that it wasn't showing up in their account or anything like that. Needless to say, I was confused as all hell - wtf would we sell a DLC pack for on a WoW mod?

But he had the receipt and everything, paid right to Aether's PayPal. I was honestly dumbfounded. This man was apparently making a whole lot of money in plain sight. This absolute mastermind was making jokes the likes of which would take titanium balls to pull off. And honestly, I always knew he walked funny. Now I knew why.

So, here comes my confession; I confronted him about this. I knew about one, so there must be more. I told him that I'd bring this to Vlad if he didn't quit it. But instead, he offered to give me a cut if I kept my mouth shut. With no money and no way to find a job, I decided to accept. And I still regret that decision.

I had now become his accomplice, and he let me in on all the details. He had earned over $44k USD just from leaking information, selling screenshots from the team chat, and promising extra benefits once the game was out. I know I'm condemning myself for this, but please stop this man. I'll go down with him, just stop him from going any further. Please. This is a project full of passionate developers, and this greedy man has spoiled those good intentions.

Dan, we can discuss immunity for your willingness to come forward. 

27 minutes ago, thatoneguy said:

Dan, we can discuss immunity for your willingness to come forward. 

Wait- really? I was willing to go down with him, but if that's possible I'll cooperate with whatever's necessary.

As the person with first hand experience with this public menace, I would like to state a few points as to why it should be put down.

He bullies people for no goddamn reason.

He posts stupid math memes no one understands.

You can't type any number without him just appearing outta nowhere.

He tries to make people buy weird things.

What the heck is a HC couch anyway?

image.png.8ae3d4d5246ea6c55f9fedbf6bc143b8.png

On 1/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Aetherweaver said:

As the person with first hand experience with this public menace, I would like to state a few points as to why it should be put down.

He bullies people for no goddamn reason.

He posts stupid math memes no one understands.

You can't type any number without him just appearing outta nowhere.

He tries to make people buy weird things.

What the heck is a HC couch anyway?

These are all very valid points. If I'm not mistaken, we have reached a unanimous decision and can move forward removing this menace to our society.