Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

9Tails

Ninja Tools - Ideas and Comparisons.

Ninja Tools

340?cb=20160225142714

This is a compilation of ideas and comparisons that will be updated as I think of them.

Throwing Tools

Spoiler

Explosive Tags

S9x0iSz.png

With some updated animation to better fit the style I think the Thorium Grenade could be a good stand in, although I would remove the stun and instead increase the radius to 8 yards along with increasing the cooldown to 3 minutes - I'm also not sure how possible it is, but adding a "fuse" so that it doesn't explode on impact also might be nice so that an unsuspecting shinobi has a second to retreat before the tag explodes.

Shuriken

xRr2NkT.png

So, obviously this isn't much of a tool so instead I'm just using it as a base, but heres my idea: a narrow cone of AOE that launches three shurikens, each having the potential to inflict a small amount of damage and if all three shurikens hit it inflicts a bleed that lasts some time that equals twice the amount of all three shurikens - this isn't alot of damage, but with an instant cast time and a short cooldown it could be particularly nasty - additionally I think it should have to be cast at some sort of range, like the spell spawns 6 yards away so that it can't be cast at point blank range, although I'm not sure how possible that is.

Kunai

AjDyOXk.png

Ideally the Kunai will be a weapon with a "spell" that is only available to those who have it equipped, this entry will only be addressing that "spell".

So basically I just want it to be Kill Shot, but instead of it being an instant cast it takes 3 seconds, and it has a moderate cooldown, I say that it should be something special like Kill Shot instead of it just doing raw damage/DOT to differentiate it from the Shurikens.

Senbon

Ud2lD23.png

Narrow cone of AOE that is continuously cast unless interrupted or ended by the user, it has a shorter range than it's heavier kunai/shuriken counterparts and it does little damage but it comes with the small chance to proc a lengthy stun through use of pressure points.

Fūma Shuriken

Y7hB5A4.png

A large slow moving shuriken that travels for a timed amount before separating into four separate projectiles - if you're hit with the main body of the shuriken before separation it should do a large amount of damage, but if you're hit with one of the post-separation projectiles each should do 1/8th the damage of the before said main body.

Makibishi Spikes

to761DN.png

Thrown on the ground they should persist for some time and have a considerable cooldown, if a pursuing shinobi should step in the radius of the spikes they should be slowed for a slight amount of time.

Flash Bombs

8TJOUcp.png

Should be thrown like a kunai and if a shinobi is caught in it's blast they should be feared for a slight amount of time.

Tracking Pellet

9JsbmXi.png

A small sticky pellet that can be thrown onto enemies to track them on your map, this is useful for following someone at a short distance or keeping track of shinobi making use of diversionary tactics - only one should be able to be used at a time and the cooldown should be lengthy, additionally the trackee should have some method of removing the tracker, although it shouldn't be instant and should require them to stop and take a second or two to remove it.

Medical Tools

Spoiler

Food Pills

eUSw7Ni.png

Literally just potions or food, you can carry over pretty much any from WoW - that being said having food pills that come with negative side effects would be nice.

Bandages

3Z6oo4O.png

Boring I know but there really isn't much more to be said, may as well let it cure bleeds too if used for the full duration.

Curing Syringe

vRqmQLT.png

Instant cast that cures poison and bleeds and comes with a long cooldown. (Basically just the Luffa trinket with poison bundled in) It should be able to be used on friendly shinobi but should only be able to be used by those with the necessary medical proficiency.

Injection Shot

YTryGJZ.png

Requires a medical proficiency, this tool is able to stun opponents and apply a damage over time poison, but whenever used on friendly Shinobi it provides a heal over time.

Miscellaneous Tools

Spoiler

Ninja Info Card

fsoNv3W.png

Primarily used for espionage and information gathering you spend a lengthy time observing a person and channeling the ability and if you are interrupted the cooldown resets - if completed you are left with a very basic overview of their stats and a small sketch of their personage, there should be a very long cooldown on this, maybe even an hour.

Bingo Book

CWwmikL.png

An item that allows you to access a private section of your clans forum that allows you to pool resources on potentially dangerous shinobi, this should somehow allow you to view the forum from in game (I'm not sure if this can even be implemented, but even so I think organizations should have an in character private section like this even if it cant directly be accessed from in game.)

Puppets

9shLIyk.png

Probably treated like a normal summon, similar to that of a hunter or a warlocks companion but would require the puppet to be equipped or at the very least kept in your inventory along with some sort of skill requirement to use the puppet.

Giant Summoning Scroll

781eb48e13b42c519195bcbe96427d30.gif

Casting time that propels you up into the air and gives you a second of invincibility before spraying out a variety of weapons over a large area, each weapon doing a different amount of damage or applying a different effect - this should have an EXTREMELY long cooldown.

Ninja Ink

tenor.gif?itemid=16739112

Allows you to summon a variety of different animals based on what you draw, each having their own affect, some being for surveillance while others are used offensively

Barrier Tag

8dVB9MO.png

Requires setup and the placement of multiple tags, but those within it's radius are subject to being trapped inside - conversely these can be used to block attacks.

With the help of other shinobi this can be deployed much faster.

Ninja String

suggested by @Weed

image0.gif

String infused chakra that can be used to manipulate and redirect low level jutsu.

Strings will be puppet users option instead of having two hands for puppets you can have 1 hand filled with strings and depending on how advanced your puppetry is what allows jutsus and how many you can redirect of your own and reflect from your opponent.

-wip-

Edited by 9Tails
update

deadpixelprank.png.0d59584d8e675a0d0c0718ff81be5fe5.png

Sup Tails, 

Its your boi - sonac the math cat with some alluring tips for you! 

Dont add any numbers.

Sincerely,

Cracos the god of smackos

P.s,

Its not that its fine that you try, but all your numbers will make around 0% sense according to our current calculations and scaling. 

Just focus on the creative part; what it does, what you want it to do. 

Adding potential item candidates is fine, but dont shake your brain too hard on it. 

Edited by Aetherweaver

image.png.8ae3d4d5246ea6c55f9fedbf6bc143b8.png

1 minute ago, Aetherweaver said:

Sup Tails, 

Its your boi - sonac the math cat with some alluring tips for you! 

Dont add any numbers.

Sincerely,

Cracos the god of smackos

Yeah I feel that, I only really added them to give an idea of how they should perform - I can't really give a "fair" number to any of them because I don't have anything to compare it to, but I hope the numbers can do the job of explaining how they should work, even if they're not set in stone.

1 minute ago, 9Tails said:

Yeah I feel that, I only really added them to give an idea of how they should perform - I can't really give a "fair" number to any of them because I don't have anything to compare it to, but I hope the numbers can do the job of explaining how they should work, even if they're not set in stone.

Just saying 'cone aoe, bleed on hit' is fine(shuriken) . The numbers are truly way out there, so they make no change whether they exist or not

image.png.8ae3d4d5246ea6c55f9fedbf6bc143b8.png

1 minute ago, Aetherweaver said:

Just saying 'cone aoe, bleed on hit' is fine(shuriken) . The numbers are truly way out there, so they make no change whether they exist or not

Yeah I figured as much, the numbers exist as a broad reference and would obviously need to be adjusted to scale, but I don't have reference to any of that so I'm just putting in placeholders ^^

Hey. 

So ninja tools are going to be a thing you equip. You can mix and match and have 2 on at a time

8be06f73746a0218d5143d51eafbc943.png

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Hey. 

So ninja tools are going to be a thing you equip. You can mix and match and have 2 on at a time

8be06f73746a0218d5143d51eafbc943.png

Gotcha, so they're gonna be like a trinket.

4 hours ago, 9Tails said:

Gotcha, so they're gonna be like a trinket.

They will be taking the trinket spot, yes!