Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Harrington

Expectations!

Hi there folks! I intend to start using the forum more often to communicate with yall. Today I only have one very opened ended question for you!

What are your expectations for Shinobi Story? What would you like to see or not see? Tell me here!

Edited by Okaze

Hey, my expectations for Shinobi story ir what i would like to see is, an world that feels like the world in naruto with my favourite things from the series, all kind of jutsu's, clans etc, i would also like to see some roleplay, would like to see the op abilities but nerfed/changed but still keeping them similiar to the series, examples would be: making the susano cost more chakra than in the anime..

That's great to hear! I think you'll be very pleased with what we have in store based off your post! ? if you have any questions feel free to ask them! I have a questions thread coming soon.

YO i'm just hyped to 1v7 a group and absolutely destroy them with SKILLS!!!! But I do wonder how well CQC will do since that wasn't something i've personally yet. But other than that I hope it turns up well. Can't wait to be stealing uchiha eyes for myself! >:)

On 9/29/2020 at 12:54 PM, Weed said:

YO i'm just hyped to 1v7 a group and absolutely destroy them with SKILLS!!!! But I do wonder how well CQC will do since that wasn't something i've personally yet. But other than that I hope it turns up well. Can't wait to be stealing uchiha eyes for myself! >:)

Unless you have a lot of experience with the game, 1v7 would be quite hardcore. But how you use your jutsu matters, so if you are smart in it, it is indeed not impossible.

Edited by Gogo

I was gonna say the same but I lowkey have a lot of faith in weed

im just excited about this project and im sure everybody in the community will fall in love with it, it has so much effort and love.

i think that some important things are:

making the player to feel completly free (giving, for example, the choice to leave the hidden village and become a rogue shinobi) but making the choices as realistic as possible, with real consequences (for example, the chance that your character appear in the bingo book if you become a deserter).

the chance to become "powerful" by different ways, by becoming a asshole who only cares about wealth like Kakuzu, by becoming a famous healer like Tsunade, or a heartless elite ANBU  

i would like to see mechanics allowing people to become part of somethig, maybe the option to form a clan (or a group, like akatsuki) with players (separated from the hiden villages system) and go to war with other clans.

another thing that i would like to see is -maybe too ambitious- but at a certain point having the opportunity to create your own jutsus and become a legend, like Orochimaru, Minato, Tobirama, etc. did    

but that's just some things that would make the game awsome! nice job and good luck!

(sorry if i expressed myself wrongly, english is not my first lenguage)

Thanks for the feedback! Your English was just fine! Based on your suggestions I really think you’ll be pleased with our product. 

11 hours ago, xxdelafuentexx said:

im just excited about this project and im sure everybody in the community will fall in love with it, it has so much effort and love.

i think that some important things are:

making the player to feel completly free (giving, for example, the choice to leave the hidden village and become a rogue shinobi) but making the choices as realistic as possible, with real consequences (for example, the chance that your character appear in the bingo book if you become a deserter).

the chance to become "powerful" by different ways, by becoming a asshole who only cares about wealth like Kakuzu, by becoming a famous healer like Tsunade, or a heartless elite ANBU  

i would like to see mechanics allowing people to become part of somethig, maybe the option to form a clan (or a group, like akatsuki) with players (separated from the hiden villages system) and go to war with other clans.

another thing that i would like to see is -maybe too ambitious- but at a certain point having the opportunity to create your own jutsus and become a legend, like Orochimaru, Minato, Tobirama, etc. did    

but that's just some things that would make the game awsome! nice job and good luck!

(sorry if i expressed myself wrongly, english is not my first lenguage)

Hello xxdelafuentexx!

Thank you for your feedback!

• Being able to do what you want is something we highly encourage and consider. We are putting a lot of work to make this possible, and especially on the rogue system. =]

• You will get your chance to pave your own way to fame. Let's give an example - the rogue players might be an overwhelming number, and the village guards could struggle. Heroes are needed to rise among the villagers, to protect the weak. Forming pacts would also be a great way to fight off the growing threat.

• Creating clans is indeed possible - you can organize with some friends and party together. If you would like to form an official clan however, which is also represented here on the forum and  known as an organization, you will first need to be a premium ninja. 

We hope that you will enjoy your  experience, we promise you that it will be memorable. ?

Edited by Gogo

I'm really interested in this project and while I like Roleplay I do hope that there are some more traditional forms of Gameplay like the games WoW base - that being said I also hope that the Roleplay can find a balance that doesn't land in the realm of cringe, that being Roleplay so light that it's almost satirical or so overdone that it's overbearing and controlling - Ideally I think someone should be able to enjoy themselves even if they tend to stick off on their own and aren't always in the thick of it.

I'm also concerned about perma-death mechanics, it can be very frustrating to invest your time into something only for it to be suddenly taken away, especially if you find the circumstances to be unfair or one-sided which will inevitably happen at some point and can be very demotivating and may even lead to toxicity and people leaving the community, so however death mechanics are done it will have to be done very, very, very carefully and I worry that if the playerbase is big enough that can be hard to manage.

deadpixelprank.png.0d59584d8e675a0d0c0718ff81be5fe5.png

1 hour ago, 9Tails said:

I'm really interested in this project and while I like Roleplay I do hope that there are some more traditional forms of Gameplay like the games WoW base - that being said I also hope that the Roleplay can find a balance that doesn't land in the realm of cringe, that being Roleplay so light that it's almost satirical or so overdone that it's overbearing and controlling - Ideally I think someone should be able to enjoy themselves even if they tend to stick off on their own and aren't always in the thick of it.

I'm also concerned about perma-death mechanics, it can be very frustrating to invest your time into something only for it to be suddenly taken away, especially if you find the circumstances to be unfair or one-sided which will inevitably happen at some point and can be very demotivating and may even lead to toxicity and people leaving the community, so however death mechanics are done it will have to be done very, very, very carefully and I worry that if the playerbase is big enough that can be hard to manage.

The frustrations of RP death are the exact reason it will be implemented but for the moment it is off the table.

as for RP if you don’t want to do it you don’t have to but RP is required for promotions.

most of staff comes from other naruto RP projects. The cringe level is pretty low.

would love to see more realistic take on jutsu and chakra usage. also what im interested into is mostly the PVP side of things (balance and skill wise)

ninjutsu should be skillshot only and the actually strong ones should have a solid casting time and cooldowns. spamming ninjutsu can be fun but only when both players are already quite OP and buff as the game progresses and can afford to showoff in such way and defend against it properly.
taijutsu should be strongly encouraged imo. the more dynamic a player movement can be, the more fun the game becomes pvp wise.

would also love genjutsu of some sort which should just be something like a rogue blind in wow, but with added visual effect.
visual prowess would be insane aswell. byakugan helping you track people and see their chakra even through objects and stuff for example is something i would love.

Edited by beyond92

4 hours ago, beyond92 said:

would love to see more realistic take on jutsu and chakra usage. also what im interested into is mostly the PVP side of things (balance and skill wise)

ninjutsu should be skillshot only and the actually strong ones should have a solid casting time and cooldowns. spamming ninjutsu can be fun but only when both players are already quite OP and buff as the game progresses and can afford to showoff in such way and defend against it properly.
taijutsu should be strongly encouraged imo. the more dynamic a player movement can be, the more fun the game becomes pvp wise.

would also love genjutsu of some sort which should just be something like a rogue blind in wow, but with added visual effect.
visual prowess would be insane aswell. byakugan helping you track people and see their chakra even through objects and stuff for example is something i would love.

Pvp is precisely our focus. Strong abilities will require you to be experienced in the game, and balancing is of utmost importance for us. The fighting mechanics require you to be mobile while engaging with an opponent. Using your environment, like hopping onto a tree for heigh advantage, will be key. As for the kekkei genkai/visual abilities - they are already well in the work.

I would love to see Jutsu interacting with each other and not just the generic kind. for instance Mudwall deflecting a projectile or water dragon justu using to phase orr cancel out a fireball jutsu. or even justu clashing idk. tree hopping is a thing, though? I just want to feel that immersive feeling!