Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Justicarii

Sarutobi Scouting Reports

WEEK 1

---

To the attention of the Elders,

Most esteemed and revered ones, this humble retainer writes with the intention of keeping you apprised of the happenings and landscape of the southern reaches.

The communal shrine is the only true safe haven, with the monks and their attendants keeping the peace, even without any words being said, we all realize that that violence of any kind will not be tolerated within their sanctum.
With the appropriate reasoning and right words, this provides for a goodly opportunity, consider this for some kind of initial foothold should events force us to beat a hasty march and in numbers.
Though I advise that only our very best wordsmiths should be used to parley with the religious types, lest we inadvertently have them welcome the Senju with open arms instead, or, heavens forbid, the Uchiha.

Having been able to explore some of the lands under the excuse of hunting for sustenance I can safely say that they hold promise, much of it being green and fertile, with plenty of bodies of water that could sustain our industrious intentions and deeps woods with enough materials for construction.
Even without having much input from the locals, it is a sensible to assume that much of this land’s wealth is concentrated in one spot, as one of the main roads leads to it’s largest settlement, fiercely guarded, so much so that I have not yet dared to explore further in that direction.
On on the other hand, the other settlements I have found are few and far between, having been received with open hostility in one of them, the village in question looks to make their Ryo with seafaring (I have spotted a few ships under construction nearby) and a deplorable “drinking hole” of sorts.
These are the sorts of ruffians in dire need of the order and discipline only we can bring, and I would be honored beyond words should such task fall upon these shoulders.

As for the other villages, they appear to survive on trading with travelers, farming, hunting or even providing adequate lodgings to the weary, with no concern for who they render services unto, as much to their benefit as to my chagrin, seeing it only makes it harder for me to find any like-minded kin or even covert opposition.

Many of those that I come across carry themselves as Shinobi would, but other than a rare instance or two, I cannot ascertain their origins. Which leads me to believe that much like with the land, this is a place filled with human and potentially martial potential.
A potential that we should capitalize on, if given the opportunity, by scooping up as many of the yet unaffiliated as we can, there being plenty of our Clan well within the age to be made use of in a potential beneficial marriage.

Hoping that the words above put the hearts and minds back home at ease, I will now finish with a fond farewell and a wish that those very same words are in accordance with my task, being loathe to disappoint or fail.

With nothing further to add,
Sorimachi Sarutobi.

---

(It would be quite alright if other Sarutobi posted their own reports on this thread, since that is what I will be doing. Thanks for reading.)

Glad to see someone using the reasoning we provided and even going further and providing a scouting report. May I suggest throwing topics like this in the "letters to npc's" section on the forums? A superior in the Sarutobi may write back and even praise your efforts.

Edited by Sakuraba