Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Kizo

Advice for chat setup for RPers

As you may have noticed, the scroll at the bottom may overlap with your chat box depending on your resolution. You can rectify this by right clicking 'general' tab at the top of the chat and using the option "unlock window" and drag the little arrow to make the chatbox bigger. If you re-select the general tab and drag it upwards, you can move it.

Visual guide:

chatbox1.png.726c51a3c1ad2cc906caed4d8847ca79.png

Look at the bottom right of your chat window and click the little arrow things, drag them outwards to expand/minimize the size of your chatbox.

chatbox2.png.04bee18c596bbd07e89dae2afa9046fc.png

Second thing you should do is set up an RP tab. Right click the 'general' tab again and then 'create new window'. Enter in a name, then click ok. That will add a tab at the top of your chat window. Right click this new tab and click 'settings'. Check on RP relevant options such as say, emote, yell, whisper and uncheck the ones you don't want such as raid warnings.

Visual guide:

create1.png.e20f5deb3f1fc6a3e96c21c0944f12db.png

Name your new chat tab. I always call mine something like "RP" or "IC" and then have an "OOC" tab with org chat and such.

create2.png.bf26d542c9298e6330679f133d08cf89.png

This is what your new tab will look like. Tick on the things you want. My recommendation is that you want say, emote, yell, whisper, squad (possibly platoon) and nothing else.

create3.png.bdb83b08a4a83df8da48648e8344b4f3.png

And you're done.

Edited by Kizo