Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Shinobi Story

POLL: Death System

Which Execution systems are you interested in seeing in Shinobi Story?   

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eb2a146886205d2ac71c93ec7dce4fdd.png

Shinobi,

As Alpha approaches, we are planning and developing systems in Shinobi Story. Since the alpha is the right time to test ideas, and eventually find where we fit in, the Team would like to know the community's thoughts in regards to the death system. Recently there has been a discussion about it, and your thoughts are appreciated! 

In Shinobi Story, permanent character death is a feature.. now  how it is brought about is another question.  Several options will be presented and we are looking to see which ideas are popular, and which are not! 

Option 1)  All players will require a 72 hour /played time before being giving free access to the execute feature- being able to kill at-will (within the rules). There is only one life, and once your character is executed they are dead and will have to start all over again at genin. This does not apply to being killed by NPCs. "fast progression, high death chance" 

Option 2)  All players will require a 72 hour /played time before being giving free access to the execute feature- But this time they have TWO lives. This means that after being executed the first time by a player, they are are vulnerable to permanent execution if they are killed by a player again. "Extended progression, lowered death chance

Option 3)  Application-based execution. All players must contact/make a post with their intention to execute someone after besting them in combat. This means that players who wish to execute will have to give reasons/provide legitimacy for whoever they wish to kill. 

Option 4)  You must be a Jounin rank to be able to execute other players. 

Also, let us know your thoughts/comments below 

I am a bot. 

I do not read messages. 

I think, personally. That a mix of the third and fourth option would strike the best balance, at least at first while the community is still beggining to shape itself.

I'd say option 1. This adds a sense of urgency to staying alive and maybe even a reason to be stealthy. It also gives players an incentive to train and become strong so other players won't be able to kill them. Only thing I'd suggest is new players can't be killed.

Maybe a mix of the first and fourth, but what happens if I want to have an extra character just to chill and do social rp? Can I choose a kind of pvp off mode? 

I don't trust people who can't find the download link unassisted to have read the rules and be capable of doing #1 properly.

I voted #2 but I feel compelled to iterate that any option except #1 is fine with me.

Edited by Kizo

If the death isn't in accordance to the rules, the offender will be punished and the death will be voided.

No problem with #1

I think PvP wise Jounin up should be able to use RP kill, not those below. Perhaps even Chunin +. However in RP combat, it should be possible for anyone to kill or be killed. If the RP switches to PvP kills shouldnt be allowed.

Sadly we cant trust a majority of the internet to not gank and grief. I believe my solution (or revision to #4 if youd rather) is the best possible avenue ensuring quality game play for everybody and encourages people to roleplay if they would like to be a villain instead of just PvP killing people who are here to roleplay.

#2 Maybe have it so if you get executed once and then get executed again within 2-3 days you get the permanent execution.

interesting choices. A lot of this is testing stuff right? So wouldn't a faster progression be better? With characters dying adding easy RP potential. Also, anyone who PvP kills people will likely be hunted down themselves. Jounin only could be good too, but it depends how you get that rank. But it also makes it easier for those at higher ranks to abuse their power. #1 makes it easier to balance that, but could disincentivize people being attached to their characters. #2 just seems like encouraging death moreso, and having people scared to leave once they lose that free life, and more likely to be hunted down after dead once.

I feel like whichever system goes up, it will end up balancing itself with time. All of them will likely be rough at first, but eventually smooth out more.

10 minutes ago, Blurry said:

#1 for a fun, exhilarating experience. 

Honestly yes. Adrenalin rushes through RP are simply amazing!

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

interesting choices. A lot of this is testing stuff right? So wouldn't a faster progression be better? With characters dying adding easy RP potential. Also, anyone who PvP kills people will likely be hunted down themselves. Jounin only could be good too, but it depends how you get that rank. But it also makes it easier for those at higher ranks to abuse their power. #1 makes it easier to balance that, but could disincentivize people being attached to their characters. #2 just seems like encouraging death moreso, and having people scared to leave once they lose that free life, and more likely to be hunted down after dead once.

I feel like whichever system goes up, it will end up balancing itself with time. All of them will likely be rough at first, but eventually smooth out more.

I agree. Nonetheless, both systems would after 72 hours influence the game. More so one of them might influence death even further, not to mention other (OOC) influence upon a character's first death toll. Having Role-play more fluid, not knowing when Death or a pleasant surprise is around the corner is much more enjoyable(at least for me). You are playing a character with a single life, and as such a realistic recreation of the scenarios that he comes across. It's a Storytelling/RP dream. Do you enjoy the concept, but said character hasn't flourished in what you envisioned? There is always a new character to be made. A new story to be told.

yall shud go for the 1st so gameplay can be more hardcore and immersive,we in a shinobi world aren't we?

Surviving a hardcore, unforgiving world where death is frequent, imminent allows for true legends to be born, ICly. #voteoption1

Do you think Zabuza had the comfort of having two lives? We will be ninja fighting during the warring clan period. Life and death around every corner #voteoption1

Option 1

Provides a true sense of danger, and the consequences aren't awful if you can quickly progress back to where you were. Hard to explain why your most hated enemy is left alive after you've defeated them... Also allows you to explore new concepts with alt characters.

Edited by Sign

While it is true, that #1 provides a deeper sense of danger, I fear progression loss too easily would be a pain to many people. I personally think option #2 is both appealing to the hardcore and the more casual as it is described in the post. It would be tedious and moral lowering to constantly keep making new characters. Option #1 is just way too unforgiving. 

2 Gang

Think of all the people who died in the shinobi war we are basically them #voteoption1

#2 is good for me.

Who in their right mind voted for #3 and #4? What's wrong with you?

1 minute ago, GoobTie said:

While it is true, that #1 provides a deeper sense of danger, I fear progression loss too easily would be a pain to many people. I personally think option #2 is both appealing to the hardcore and the more casual as it is described in the post. It would be tedious and moral lowering to constantly keep making new characters. Option #1 is just way too unforgiving. 

2 Gang

That's why it had the quicker progression. It was to make up for that. Sure, there is danger yeah, but the second one could encourage the same kind of death, just delayed, and with slower progression. Wanna finish someone off, and they'll hunt the town for their rival they finally overcame. It turns the second life into a life of hiding,. doesn't it? It suddenly has all the risks of option 1, but slower progression.