Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Kizo

Make permakills application based

What that entails:

The idea is to remove the ingame spell for permakilling a downed enemy. A different option could be given such as "critically injure" that puts someone in limbo for a few hours while staff reviews the case (how long depends entirely on staff). This application could be available through modmail on discord and/or via a special staff and submitter only sub-forum.

Reasoning given could be as mundane as "this person is from an enemy clan" (during Warring Clans period). The intention of making it application-based is not in the interest of a grand investigation where someone submits evidence of wrong-doing but rather to prevent the spree of metagamers that have already ousted themselves on discord from causing the RP staff tons of work of rolling back kills because no emotes were made (against the rules, per the 'surprise attack' rule clause).

What that application could look like:

"What is your character's name: (self explanatory)

What is the victim's name: (self explanatory)

Why does your character want to kill this person: (explain why)

Please provide supporting evidence if available: (screenshots of chat logs, etc of an execution emote being made and that proper PVP engagement was done aka character 1 responded to character 2's attack emote, acknowledging combat)"

Death is and should be an important part of the universe. However, because this is an open community where one can simply jump in without applying to join or acknowledging the ruleset and a number of people have already boasted about wanting to camp people in discord, I feel that a brief application is necessary to ensure that these individuals cannot ruin anything.

This is an interesting system we can look into. It would improve player retention and possibly sidestep the headache of an appeal process. 

The only issue I see is it puts the appeal process at the front rather than at the back, in a sense. Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this & see if they can build on the idea. 

6 minutes ago, Vlad said:

This is an interesting system we can look into. It would improve player retention and possibly sidestep the headache of an appeal process. 

The only issue I see is it puts the appeal process at the front rather than at the back, in a sense. Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this & see if they can build on the idea. 

I think an expansion would be to make /duel available in the open world without any serious consequences (in WoW you can only do it if you're friendly and to my understanding, when you leave a sanctuary in SS everyone is hostile) other than being dropped to 1 HP and needing healing. That way, PVP nuts or people who want to practice or make a duel club whatever the case may be, are supported in doing so.

A designated duelling area wouldn't be any good because sometimes people want to just hide their skillset without being ousted.

Edited by Kizo

I disagree with this. I think that a 2 kill system would be much improved for several reasons. Allow me to explain the 2 kill system;

Your first death causes you to become injured; your stats are reduced by 85% and you cannot perform Jutsu. If you die in this state, you will become permanently dead. This lasts (X amount of time and then expires.)

If your debuff falls off, and you are killed again, then you are injured.

This system makes it so that people can be punished for their actions, but can still preserve their characters if they are careful. And if people are very persistent, they can find the person again and re-kill them for a permanent death.

An application based system removes involvement from the game and is inherently biased; you are leaving player actions in the hands of someone else, and that s never a good idea.

Furthermore, it removes immersion and contributes to OOC behavior, which is not ideal for a roleplay server.

I think the 2 death system is the best system that has surfaced in previous iterations.

Edited by Tech

On 4/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, Tech said:

I disagree with this. I think that a 2 kill system would be much improved for several reasons. Allow me to explain the 2 kill system;

Your first death causes you to become injured; your stats are reduced by 85% and you cannot perform Jutsu. If you die in this state, you will become permanently dead. This lasts (X amount of time and then expires.)

This system makes it so that people can be punished for their actions, but can still preserve their characters if they are careful. And if people are very persistent, they can find the person again and re-kill them for a permanent death.

An application based system removes involvement from the game and is inherently biased; you are leaving player actions in the hands of someone else, and that s never a good idea.

Furthermore, it removes immersion and contributes to OOC behavior, which is not ideal for a roleplay server.

I think the 2 death system is the best system that has surfaced in previous iterations.

This is actually something I am willing to explore in depth. This gives enough for players to not totally be at the mercy of their environment, since they are able to "regenerate", but at the same times gives people who are looking for trouble enough to be killed. Solid idea that i've personally had the pleasure of experiencing in Prologue. 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, Tech said:

What stops someone from 'double tapping'? Or do you go back to sanctuary when critically injured/first death so that you can do medical RP, etc?

Edited by Kizo

7 minutes ago, Kizo said:

What stops someone from 'double tapping'? Or do you go back to sanctuary when critically injured/first death so that you can do medical RP, etc?

From my understanding and experience you would be sent to a safe zone

Don't like the two death system or an application based death system...

With the two death system it entirely removes consequences whether we want to admit it or not. People will most certainly remain in safe zones until their debuff falls off, essentially cutting off death chance for the vast majority of players. On top of that, I am expected to drum up reasoning for allowing my most hated enemy to go free, only sustaining injuries, even though many characters would take this opportunity to strike a decisive, killing blow on the spot. This breaks immersion.

Applications are just unnecessary, if there is a dispute with a death, it will go through review anyway, so rather than making an application for each kill and having to review it, the staff can just review the ones with disputes, in theory, lightening their load and not keeping characters in limbo for every single kill, as opposed to only the ones that are contested. On top of this (and recognizing that we've already had a few gank threats in the discord), lets put our trust into the community to weed people like that out, and our trust in the team to reverse kills that were clearly not done within the confines of the rules.

Edited by Sign

Screenshot/record encounters, follow the rules already set in place for pvp encounters, punish people who break the rules. It's pretty straightforward already. Drop a pvp warning emote, meaning everyone is aware that a fight is about to start, and wait for the challenged party to react to it. Drop two execution emotes after victory for the kill.

If someone doesn't follow the proper steps, staff should just boot them.

P.S.  Add a pop-up window each time u log in your character with the whole rules list. There will be no excuse for ignorance when the rules are being shoved in your face literally each time u get in game.

Edited by Paul

spacer.png