Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Faith of Va'al

Religion played a significant role in the lives of Aojin’s people, within the Kuroi Ken tribe. Although they predominantly worshipped warrior gods, searching to get blessed with strength and health, a handful of people in the tribe still represented other, less popular deities. 

Aojin was a believer in the power of the gods, thus representatives of each deity were invited into the tribal council, and one of these representatives was Kazuto, a Va’al worshipper and Aojin’s uncle.

From an early age, Mukuro’s lack of interest in the warrior gods was obvious, but the boy was drawn to his uncle, adopting the old man’s beliefs as he listened to Kazuto’s stories. Va’al was a simple man that ascended to godhood just as he was about to take his last breath, postponing his own death as he claimed his spot among the other deities. Believers in Va’al say that every man’s destiny is already written down, and only a chosen few have the power to change what’s already in “The book of Fate “, but Va’al managed to read from the book, claiming it as his own when he ascended.

When Mukuro turned twenty, Kazuto passed away of old age, so as the man’s only apprentice in the faith of Va’al, Mukuro became the new representative and inherited a spot in the council along with the markings of Va’al and his uncle’s notebook. He was branded with black tattoos over his whole body as it was required in order to preach in Va’al’s name and gained access to a lot of knowledge his uncle kept hidden in the notebook, knowledge that would give the young adult the potential to become of of the chosen few that holds his fate in his own hands.

Despite the new found knowledge, fate wasn’t kind to Mukuro since he lost his position in the council only six months after Kazuto’s death when the rest of the representatives refused to accept Mukuro as follower of Va’al. This didn’t affect the young man’s beliefs in the slightest though as he continued his research, gathering reading materials related to Va’al to add to Kazuto’s notes as he traveled with the rest of the clan.

He learned about forgotten lands, lost objects, mythical creatures and godly deeds across the world which only fueled his craving for more knowledge. Eventually, only reading about it wasn’t enough for Mukuro anymore so he decided to search for the lands and creatures mentioned in the notes, but his father never approved of his plans.

For years, Mukuro respected Aojin’s wishes and locked away his desire to experience all the greatness described in Kazuto’s book, but after that one particular night when he cut his ties with his family by crippling his siblings, Mukuro took fate in his own hands and ventured out, determined to find and study Va’al’s influence in the world.

Va’al creatures described in Kazuto’s notes:

Envoy of Va’al. Displayed as a horned bird with dark blue feathers and the gift of speech to carry Va’al’s message to his most devout followers.

Spoiler

griffon_by_siplick_ddo2wuj-pre.jpg?token

Fury of Va’al. Most commonly taking the shape of a black panther even though it has the ability to reshape and weaponize any part of its body in order to carry out punishments in Va’al’s name.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190515154124

Protector of Va’al: Described as a massive and deformed humanoid said to guard the tomb where Va’al’s earthly body was laid to rest after his ascension to godhood.

Spoiler

ltxy6rqtkky31.jpg?width=930&format=pjpg&

Defiler: Once Va’al’s Protector, he broke the pact with his god when he tried to consume Va’al’s body. After failing his attempt, the Defiler was cursed to roam earth forever famished and unable to sate his hunger.

Spoiler

1335e61934ceed4f70fb98091ab93716.jpg

Hound of Va’al: Described as a three headed massive hound. It is said the hound can outrun anything and hiding is pointless because of it’s acute sense of smell. If one finds himself with a Va’al hound in his tracks, the only options are to fight or die.

Spoiler

abc446feb521d7470837b0a7bec71bab.jpg

oGEbjsP.jpg

Edited by Paul

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Nisshomaru said:

I'm not saying it's bad or anything but I feel as if you've forgotten this is a naruto universe.

This is supposed to be a ninja tale, a story for your character

^What power of gods? The only thing godlike is the Sage of Six Paths.

Also what creatures are you searching for? Envoy/Fury/Protector etc of Va'al - things that reshape into any weapon or something.

Once again, this is a naruto universe, make sure your tale is somehow possible. Because there's no way you can search for mythical creatures mentioned in your story in a naruto universe. It should also be known to other shinobis.

If you've used this story in other RP communities, try re-shaping it a bit to fit a Naruto community.

There's a looot of things I can bring up from this entire story (like 90% of it all) with so many questions but you get my point.

Just because this is the narutoverse, it doesn't mean that particular cultures don't have their own interpretations of how things came to be. Different interpretations of how stuff works should be encouraged even.

9 hours ago, Nisshomaru said:

I'm not saying it's bad or anything but I feel as if you've forgotten this is a naruto universe.

Also what creatures are you searching for? Envoy/Fury/Protector etc of Va'al - things that reshape into any weapon or something.

Once again, this is a naruto universe, make sure your tale is somehow possible. Because there's no way you can search for mythical creatures mentioned in your story in a naruto universe. It should also be known to other shinobis.

If you've used this story in other RP communities, try re-shaping it a bit to fit a Naruto community.

There's a looot of things I can bring up from this entire story (like 90% of it all) with so many questions but you get my point.

Remember the bible?
Every time someone starts off with a religion, one should expect the writing and information provided to be sliiiiightly falsified.

Still enjoyable though.

Spoiler

Monsters like that does not exist in the Naruto world right?

Edited by Aetherweaver

image.png.8ae3d4d5246ea6c55f9fedbf6bc143b8.png

Where do you get all this kind of info about faith etc or that just you makeing things up? And still its ok

Building off of what Sign posted. I really enjoyed this piece.

Instead of just taking what is given in the game it seems you've taken something and put a completely unique twist on it to build on your people's culture. Stuff like this adds a real nice depth to the community, would be interesting to see if in the future somebody takes this information and applies it to their own character. 

Nice post!

14 hours ago, Nisshomaru said:

Faith exists in any universe. People can believe in anything as long as it keeps them moving forward.

Custom lore probably doesn't involve the  Sage of Six paths by the way. /shrug

As for the search itself, being an impossible goal doesn't mean one can't still work towards it. Making your end game goal something unreachable only means you'll always have something to RP towards. I appreciate the feedback, but i've specifically tailored each story for this server in particular to use the information provided in them for event plots in the future.

Spoiler

I'm sorry i can't come up with a more original plotline like trying to get MS and be the strongest shinobi on the server. I'm not that great at RP stuff yet .....oh well. To each their own. ?

2 hours ago, TRILL said:

Building off of what Sign posted. I really enjoyed this piece.

Instead of just taking what is given in the game it seems you've taken something and put a completely unique twist on it to build on your people's culture. Stuff like this adds a real nice depth to the community, would be interesting to see if in the future somebody takes this information and applies it to their own character. 

Nice post!

The last picture is a backlink to the info card of the character this story is tied to.

3 hours ago, Aniki said:

Where do you get all this kind of info about faith etc or that just you makeing things up? And still its ok

Story's all made up, art is from DMC5.

Edited by Paul

spacer.png

Yet another good work by you ?

37 minutes ago, Nisshomaru said:

As everyone would say - to each their own opinion.

I simply stated mine, I just want to enjoy stories that don't strive far from the naruto universe. Like I said, it's just my opinion and like I said, I didn't say it's bad.

I think you should broaden your horizons. Since this is an RP game and not the actual Naruto show, people will be employing concepts that you may find completely alien, but that does not mean they' re not compatible with the game. If you wanna read something more in line with the narutoverse, you can just skip it over, no one is forcing you to read. 

There's a character who's whole lore is based on religion, including his ability. Hidan gained his immortality from experimenting with Jashin's (a deity) techniques.

Read up on naruto lore before you claim your point of view to be "fact", my friend. And since this is based on naruto, but doesn't follow the same storyline, there can be different religions/cults similar to Jashin. But hey, if you don't feel like participating in such RP, by all means don't. The world will be massive so you can play out your own stories, host your own events without having to play in mine. Just refrain from your attempts to shoot down my, or any other person's ideas for that matter when you don't really have the authority to do so. The team will contact me if i'm going off bounds, thank you.

Have a wonderful day.

spacer.png

I'm completely fine with that. Thank you for your input, but i will be going forward with my "unoriginal" character background despite your opinions about it. I'm not seeking your appreciation nor your approval. The whole concept clearly went over your head.

Take care. /wave

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Nisshomaru said:

Hidan wasn't out there searching for mythical beasts that can not exist in the naruto universe

Unobtainable goals makes it so you always have something to RP towards. Think of someone in the future trying to destroy Konoha. Very very very high chance that'l never happen, but they will still always have something to do based around that goal, whether it be attacking Konoha nin, destroying supply shipments, etc...

" They were unable to turn up much conclusive information about the religion, and in fact could not locate a single worshipper. With so little information to go on, Konoha's official report offered the possibility that Jashin was in fact an invention of Hidan"

It amazes me that you would quote this thinking it strengthens your argument. Imagine someone investigating this phenomenon.... "Our officials had little to information to go on with the Va'al... Their official report offered the possibility that it was just an invention of the Te No Sekai people"

This has 0% logic and sense in the naruto universe. So you're basically saying that if another shinobi suddenly come up to those beasts of yours they have to fight or die? ok. What more - you're saying that a user with teleportation ninjutsu cannot escape? ok.

I doubt the writer of this story intends for this beast to ever come up against any shinobi, and I doubt any shinobi will have a teleportation jutsu, considering they have said many times power scaling will be based on part 1.

Yet what your lore is based on is pure "facts" but impossible ones too.

You're still not grasping the fact that this is an interpretation of the world of a particular culture. The Va'al could be based on a summoning jutsu a shinobi from long ago had to fight, one that was very strong, and inspired this story that was  passed down from generation to generation.

I'd appreciate it if you come up with an original story that doesn't twist the original powers and inventions of the naruto world.

This seems like an original story. It is not "twisting" anything as this is (at least I assume) a legend that has been passed down from the older generations.