Welcome to Shinobi Story!

636f97daa7d58374b44fa0f2c8cb46fe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Paul

The Rebellion

4e0914a01f8d16f5f25683467ea37902.jpg

When Aojin brought together his nomadic tribe and named it Kuroi Ken (The Black Fist) he also brought many of the traditions that were passed down for generations in his family. One of these traditions was “The warrior’s rite of passage” 

At the age of sixteen, all the future warriors had to venture off in the wilderness, armed only with a stone dagger. The purpose of this journey was to hunt down the most dangerous beast they could encounter in order to use its bones to create a weapon that would become the symbol of each individual warrior’s resolve.  The weapons would often be named after the beasts they were meant to slay.

As time passed, the hunting ceremony and beast carving became a symbolic ritual while the weapon itself was later crafted by experienced smiths, following each individual’s wishes. The young warriors most commonly requested heavy axes or two handed swords, earning more respect from their elders as the weight of the weapons got higher.

Aojin’s children eventually went through this rite of passage, the two older boys filling their father’s heart with pride and joy with their accomplishments. Mukuro however had different plans. Finding the heavy weapons to be extremely inefficient he broke away from the pattern and had the smiths forge him: The Rebellion.

A thin, light,  double edged blade with a pointy tip and an unusual handle, resembling a cane. When confronted by his father on this peculiar and, following the tribe’s standards, rather shameful request, the young boy replied “This blade might not be as heavy as my brother’s weapons, but it’s destined to slay a beast that no one else managed to best so far. It brings death to all, and it will eventually claim your life and my sibling’s lives as well, father.”. The disappointed parent turned away from the boy, interrupting Mukuro before he could finish speaking. “Leave me, my son. You’ve wronged me enough for one day.” 

The Rebellion was Mukuro’s way to challenge an undefeated enemy. A warrior’s greatest rival, the passage of time itself. It’s shape symbolises the boy’s defiance in the face of time as he vows to keep fighting against it even when his bones become frail and he struggles to catch every breath. He will use the blade to support himself until the very end, refusing to kneel down in front of this all powerful enemy.

To this day, Mukuro never parted from The Rebellion, his memento of his fleeting existence and the motivation to keep stepping forward despite this inevitable end he faces.

4f039fbede4366353e3634606bd40581.jpg

Edited by Paul

spacer.png